Monday, March 27, 2023

A Pastel Door Hanger Plaque

      If you have kids or grandkids who are into decorating the house (or even their part of the house) for Easter wouldn't this image from Birdie Brown make a perfect door hanger plaque?  I used it on a card because if I did a door hanger, my feline fur babies would just delight in pulling it down.  This image has been in my collection of digis for at least 5 years and I don't think I've used it before.

     I colored the image with my new Sanjoki alcohol markers, then cut it with a rectangle die from Tonic Studios.  I used a Fiskars punch to round the top corners.  I found the mint green lace in my stash (another old stash item that's been there well over 5 years!)   I thought it worked perfectly with the green in the image so I used it for the background by layering it onto the card front.  Don't you just love the faux stitching in the image?  It really adds to the delightful "primitive art" look.


     Challenges:
As You Like It (Critters because they are so much cuter than people!)
Outlawz SAR (It's Spring!)
Outlawz Thurs
Polkadoodles

     Second post done and the third for today will be posted later this afternoon.  Thanks for visiting.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

*Vicki* said...

That lace in the background really makes a beautiful background in color and texture! Love the home spun feel of that image with the stitching and buttons too!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

ALL of it so lovely Connie, pretty lace, and a great image makes a great card.
Faith x

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Cuteness with a fabulous texture lace background. So pretty. Thanks for joining us at Outlawz Twisted Thursday. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs, Berni DT

Chrissy said...

Adorable little bunnies, and love you taste tester..lol...
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

SarahR said...

Hello there, such a cute image - love it - and your colour combo is great. Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge, look forward to seeing you there again. Sarah - DT

Diana Moriel said...

What a cute Easter card, and I love the faux stitching on the frame. Thank you for joining the Craftlandia Challenge!

Mia said...

Οh yes Connie. I definitely love the lace and the faux stitching in the image. Thank you so much for joining Craftlandia Challenge, my friend. Good luck in the draw.

Wendy said...

That would make a fun kids door hanger, but it also made a beautiful card! I love your coloring and that is amazing as a background. Thank your for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

Ρένα Χριστοδούλου said...

Υπέροχη κάρτα!
Μοιάζει σαν να την έραψες.
Φιλιά από την Ελλάδα.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes challenge. Hope to see you again.

Brenda said...

Love the springy colors youʻve used and this image is so cute. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

Zw@@n said...

Lovely card in pretty colours! The image is very cute. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

sweetpea said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz. Janet DT

MARIELA Inspirada said...

So lovely card, I love the pastel colors, the lace and sweet image. Besitos...

Mia said...

Hi Connie, Please see my post here https://craftartista.blogspot.com/2023/04/craftlandia-challenge-14-winners-and.html
Hugs, my friend,
Mia