Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Easter Peony

      I'm really scrambling to get all my Easter cards done!  For some reason, my mind kept telling me that Easter was in May this year but it's in April, and early April at that.  So, now I'm making 2 or 3 Easter cards each day (I need a total of about 25) and I'll post them as soon as possible, maybe one or two each day.

     This first one features a lovely image from my dear friend, Donna E.  She did several versions of this lovely peony, many in pastel colors but I used the B&W grayscale version, and colored it in rich tones of purple and pink.  I colored it with my new Sanjoki markers and cut the image piece with a scalloped die from Tonic Studios.  The first part of the sentiment is also from Donna E, and I added the "for Easter" to it before printing.  

     The background was made with water color paints on water color paper, ironed dry to set the colors. The rectangle of gems was made by putting three strips of gems together.  


Colors pulled from My Favorite Things color challenge.

     Challenges:

     If I get time, I'll try to post another Easter card later today but it's nearly noon in my time zone and my day has gotten really full.  In the meantime, Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

Easter really will be here before we know it! It's coming up fast now Your card is totally gorgeous - and beautiful coloring too. Wow! So pretty. Love the pink and purple color combo on the flowers.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Oh my this is absolutely gorgeous NC! I'm in love with the colors! This color is perfect for Spring, but of course I would use purple any time of the year! LOL Pretty flower image and I love the scallop panel with it!

Sheryl said...

Wow! This is absolutly stunning!Your colouring is fantastic.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Donna Walls said...

Absolutely gorgeous bloom and I love the purple! Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon. And please join us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge too!
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Ilonka said...

So beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Lori Podolsky said...

I adore your colours, Connie (my favourite colours). Lovely card, Thanks for joining our Spring Colours challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again. Lori - DT

stampinwithanita said...

Beautiful beautiful card! Love the purple especially for Easter! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges!

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining challenge The Paper Shelter DT Maria

Donna Ellis said...

Thank you for your email, Connie! I love what you have done with this Easter Peony! It's so pretty, and the colors just wow my heart! Your watercolor painted background really highlights our extraordinary coloring! I'm glad you are doing well. Are you still in CA? I'm also sorry about the run-around. It's strange how our computers save really old email addresses that have long, long be discontinued, isn't it? Wishing you a beloved Easter Season, my friend! xx

foleysfriend said...

Pretty Easter card. The watercoloured background helps to make the beautiful flower pop. Love how you used similar colours on the background to the flower. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

sue n.

Fiona said...

I love that image and your gorgeous colouring - it looks like a botanical print! Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge

Maikreations said...

Love the bold colours of the Peony ;o) Looks fabulous! Thank you for playing along with our "Easter" themed challenge over at Papercraft Challenges. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting ;o) Maike

Karin said...

Super cute! Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Karin
DT bastel-traum challenge