Thursday, March 16, 2023

Cake Chef Gnome

     Today I'm sharing another Conie Fong image, one of her newer releases called "Cake Chef Gnome" and the set comes with a total of 4 images (2 gnomes with cakes plus 2 separate cakes) in either jpg or png formats.  

     I remember when Conie was asking the DT if gnomes were really needed because there were already so many artists who were drawing them and the team overwhelmingly pushed her to draw some gnomes!  I'm so glad she did.  I adore gnomes and have many from lots of different artists but Conie draws some of the cutest ones.

     I made this card for a very special lady who is celebrating her birthday today.  It's really special to me that she and I have back to back birthdays (mine is tomorrow on St. Patrick's Day -and I hail from good solid Irish stock on both sides of the family tree!) so making this card brought me great pleasure and I'm sure it'll bring her some pleasure when she sees it.  :-D.

     The image was colored with my ProMarkers and cut with a Lawn Fawn Die.  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  The papers both came from a Recollections stack and the stitched ribbon was in a box of goodies sent to me by another dear friend (who swears she was "clearing out" her craft room!)  I had such fun looking through everything she sent and this ribbon seemed perfect for this particular card.  Thanks, Vicki!


     Challenges:
Cutie Pie (birthday, baker) 
Outlawz Colors (birthday, baker)

     Remember, we have a challenge every month over on the Facebook site and all you need to enter is to use a Conie Fong image.  Our theme is always "Anything Goes."  Come play along.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

That really is a cute gnome image she drew - and you also made it into a precious card too! I really like the design and the ribbon/bow looks great. Pretty coloring as always too.
Lynn

Samantha Casey said...

Super cute card! I love how you colored the gnome! Thank you so much for playing the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!

Lynda said...

The gnome was definitely worth drawing - and the colouring is amazing. A fun and joyful card. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers atg birthday challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Mellzcraftz said...

I love everything about this card - the images are so sweet and the colouring is amazing. Thank you for sharing and for taking part in the polkadoodles digi choosday challenge. Happy Crafting! Mel x

Ella's Design said...

Love your pretty paper choices and simple design for this fun gnome image, Connie!
Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

The Crafty Den said...

What a cute card Connie. The image is so much fun and your colouring is perfect. The paper and ribbon look so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Cara said...

I do admin I love cute gnome images and this one is adorable! Great card! Thanks so much for entering our Color Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
(Hugs) Cara
The Outlawz Color Challenges.
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Anne Fenton said...

Such an adorable card, love the gnome!! Thank you for joining the Tue. Colour challenge at the Outlawz challenges.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

what a cute gnome. You did a wonderful job of coloring him. Wonderful card.
Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge. Barb Housner

foleysfriend said...

What a super cute card. The gnome chef is adorable. Great job with the ProMarkers. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

sue n.