Monday, October 15, 2018

Forest Witch

     It seems that even the woodland animals celebrate Halloween!   Over the weekend, I shared a card showing how the fairies disguise themselves as toadstools to avoid the witches and goblins on Halloween but today I'm sharing another delightful image from Ching-Chou Kuik showing a gentle witch of  the woodlands.  I guess not all of them are scary or dangerous.  At least, the squirrels aren't afraid.  :-D


I used colors from Outlawz Colors.

     I colored the image with ProMarkers and did the sky and ground with water colors.  I cut the image with an Unbranded oval die.  The purple piece is a CS scrap, cut into a rectangle with a simple die from Spellbinders, then framed with a Bo Bunny die cut piece, also a scrap.  Everything was layered onto a scrap of orange CS, including the sentiment, and that layered piece was put onto a kraft card base. 

     I added mesh for texture, then found a scrap of purple ribbon which I wrapped around the card front.  I tied the purple, gingham check, ribbon into a bow and added it on top of the sheer ribbon.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Crafty Sentiments Designs
Hiding in My Craft Room
Jo's Scrap Shack
Pile It On
{Pin}spirational
Pixie's Snippets
Stamping Sensations
Unicorn

     How can we be halfway through October already?   My daughter's birthday is just around the corner and I haven't even thought about doing a card for her.  OMGosh, I'd better get going on that one!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Another beautiful witch!! I love the way you colored her and how you cut her out! Awesome Halloween card!

Linda Simpson said...

I love this one Connie, she is a beautiful witch and your colouring is fabulous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful Connie.
Faith
x

Mrs A. said...

Delightful . Love your colouring of the image. Perfect for Halloween. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Gorgeous card Connie! I adore that artist's work and your colouring is really lovely.

Hugs

Di xx

Sue Crease said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue Crease said...

Oh what a sweet card, great layout and thanks for sharing with us over at A Gem of a Challenge

Christine said...

Love the lacy frame on the purple panel. It is so striking and sets off the pretty image perfectly!
Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Fabulous card. Love your coloring on this fun image and the added details to make this extra special. Thanks for playing along with us at the Outlawz Tuesday Colour Challenge and at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT OL/JFF

Susan Renshaw said...

Cute image!
Thank you for sharing with Hiding in my Craft Room!
Susan
HIMCR Challenges
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Helen said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x