Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Joyeux Noel - all from scraps!

     I was working ahead on a card for one of my DT commitments and had some scraps on my crafting desk afterward.  I almost tossed them and then decided to see what I might be able to create in the way of another Christmas card for my stash.  This was the lovely but simple result.


     The burgundy square with the cut corners is the center negative of the frame I used on my DT project (Spellbinders die.)   I had used another Spellbinders die to cut out the snowflake and a Die-Versions die for the "Joyeux Noel" sentiment, both of which were used on the DT project.  I found a square of glittery, embossed, white CS, which I trimmed and used as a backing for the burgundy piece. 

     The decorative corner came from another Spellbinders die in the same set as the frame/center piece and I thought it made a great decorative corner for this simple card.  The ribbon was a scrap of  2 inch wide, wired ribbon which I had used to tie a large bow for a tree decoration.  Actually, I made two dozen of those as Christmas tree decorations and that's what was left over.  I folded it along the length and curled the two points up, then ran it diagonally across the card front, layering the other pieces on top.

     It took more time to write up the explanation of what I did than it did to actually make the card.  :-D

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Crafty Hazelnut's
Cute N Crafty
Jo's Scrap Shack
Kreativinkauf
Outlawz Greetings
Scribbles Designs
TTCRD

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful Connie, love the ribbon and beautiful layout.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Well aren't you so clever with your scraps there lady!! I just love your elegant corners and the snowflake center panel!! the ribbon sets if off very nicely! HUGS

Priya said...

Beautiful card
Thanks for joining
DT Cute N Crafty

Sandra said...

Beautiful card NanaConnie!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Hugs,
Sandra
TTCRD DT
Cards and Creativity {My Blog}

GerJanne said...

Hi Connie,
Very nice card! Thnaks for joining us at CHNC!

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Very festive! Good luck on your entry!!Thank you for entering in CuteNCrafty Challenge Blog
CuteNCrafty Mommy
Facebook Page
Facebook Challenge Page
Cute N Crafty VIP Digi Stamp Club

Creative world said...

Stunning Christmas card and lovely design...thank you for joining us at A GEM OF A CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx