Friday, October 12, 2018

Toadstool Halloween

     This is my first post for today and I'll have a second one in a few hours.  Be sure to check them both.

     I'm excited to be back for another three month term as a Guest Designer at Colour Crazy.  This week our sponsor is Ching-Chou Kuik and our theme is always Anything Goes.  I've used a magnificent Toadstool Fairy image to make a too-cute-to-spook, Halloween card.


      I've heard that on Halloween, woodland fairies costume themselves as toadstools to fool the witches and goblins, and to keep themselves safe.  I think this image is proof the old wives' tale is true!

     I colored with ProMarkers and used a die from Tonic Studio to cut the image.  The cross-stitched rectangle was cut with a die from Lawn Fawn and the rectangle behind it was cut with another Tonic Studio die.  I cut the butterfly and the dragonfly with a die from Cottage Cutz.

     The polka dot ribbon was in my stash and seemed to work well with the Halloween colors mix.  I added tiny, metal brads to the bodies of the bugs, then printed, hand cut, and matted the sentiment.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps & More
Ching-Chou Kuik
Crafty Creations
Creative Inspirations
Creative Knockouts
I {heart} ProMarkers
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
Words to Craft By

     Be sure to come and play along this week.  Because we are a coloring challenge, you are required to color something (can't use pre-colored images) but that's the only requirement.  Come play.  We're having fun!   Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

I never heard that Fairies dress up on Halloween! That Toadstool Fairy is gorgeous and I love the way you colored her and the offset matting is perfect!

CraftyLyn said...

Super image lovely colouring,thanks for joining us here at I Love Promarkers challenge blog Lyn DT x.

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card and gorgeous image. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

*Vicki* said...

This is such a beauty Connie! LOVE the Autumn colors on this and what a beautiful job you've done with this image!! Thanks for sharing my friend! HUGS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS Connie.
Faith
x

Rene said...

She's beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck!
Rene

Nicola Gold said...

Lovely card, great layering and textures.
Thank-you for joining us at the Ching-Chou Kuik Monthly Blog Challenge and don't forget we also have a monthly challenge over on our Facebook Group

Nicola, CCK DT (Amethyst Lily Designs )

Joy Wilson said...

I love you paper choices and the fairy under the mushroom couldn't be cuter! Thanks for joining us and good luck!
hugs, Joy
craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

Donna Walls said...

Loving your paper layering and this image! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenge and hope to see you again soon. Donna - DT Member

K M Meena Herale said...

Beautiful work, Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena DT

Tip Top said...

Thanks for joining in with your lovely card at I Love Promarkers!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Connie thank you for joining us on this month's challenge over on
Ching Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration Challenge Blog
Dianne xx
DT for CCK

Sybrina K said...

Well, Connie, there's so much to love in this post. First of all -- as always, your coloring is amazing! Then, I learned something about Halloween that I never knew. How interesting that fairies dress up as toadstools. And, you are absolutely right about this little fairy being too-cute-to-spook. Thanks so much for sharing this sweet fall card with us at Words 2 Craft By!

Celeste Goff said...

Love the autumn colors you used on this adorable little fairy card! Thank you for joining us at W2CB!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Nana Connie this is one of my favorite images! I love how you colored her and your card is awesome! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Ching Chou Kuik Challenge! Can't wait to see what you create for November!