Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Gratitude in All Forms

      This is the first of four, first-of-the-month, DT posts I have and I'm sharing my DT card for the new challenge at Simply Magnolia.  This month our theme is everyone's favorite, "Anything Goes."

      We all share moments of gratitude and this sweet little Tilda by Magnolia Stamps is showing her gratitude for all things, even turnips and parsnips.  :-D  I know this looks like an A2 card but it's actually only 2 x 4.5 inches.  I did it that small to give the illusion of the stamp being larger.


I started with the colors at My Favorite Things.

     I colored with ProMarkers, then cut the image with a die from Spellbinders.  I inked the edges of it so that it would stand out from the background.  I used another Spellbinders die to cut a left over scrap of fall dp, inked the edges of it, and put it behind the image piece.  Everything is layered onto an embossed card front.

     As embellishment, I added three of my signature-style, hand-sewn bows, leaving them white this time instead of dying them.  I printed the sentiment onto a scrap of white CS, hand cut it, and matted it with a scrap piece of beige CS.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Aloha Friday
Aud Sentiments
Cardz TV
Cute Card Thurs.
Time Out

     I love fall - it's my favorite season.  The oppressive heat of summer has finally gone and the evenings are crisp and cool.  It's fun to dig out the sweaters and heavy socks, and my cats come to cuddle me in the night, seeking that body warmth they know is curled up under the covers.  It's a great time to hide in the craft room and be creative.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

6 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Such a lovely fall card. Great image used. Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge

Lori Kobular said...

Such an adorable fall card!

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

*Vicki* said...

I agree with you about Fall! I love it and I love that sentiment you've made to go with your image too!! LOL!! "even for..." LOL! Such a sweet Tilda image and fabulous card my friend! HUGS

*Vicki* said...

I'm back with my DT hat to say thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Jill V said...

Very sweet card - and I love that fun sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill