Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Full Moon Bats

     We all know what happens when a werewolf is caught under the light of a full moon, Halloween or otherwise, but do you know what happens to bats?  Nope, nothing to do with vampires or Dracula. 

     They fall in love and get completely twitter-pated!  Here's the proof in this cute Conie Fong image.


     The image is colored with ProMarkers, and cut with a simple Spellbinders' die.  The two-piece, black mat behind it was cut with dies from Cottage Cutz.  I layered those together, offsetting them for a visual effect.  They are stitched buy that doesn't show well in the photo.  I added one, small, flying bat (a die cut) to the upper corner of the image (Cottage Cutz.)

     The spider web dp is from a stack by Memory Makers.  I added the stitched, orange ribbon and tied a black, bow tie bow.  There was already so much visual interest that I didn't want to add much more by way of embellishment.  This way, it's flat and easy to mail.

     Challenges:
C.R.A.F.T.
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Hazelnut's 
Crafty Sentiments Designs
Cute Card Thursday
Simon Says Stamp
Try Stampin' on Tues.
TTCRD
Unicorn

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOL completely twitter-pated! ay? GREAT story and a GREAT card Connie, Love it.
Faith
x

Elaine Stark said...

Cute and scary. Thanks for joining our challenge. Elaine GDT for C.R.A.F.T. challenge.

Heather said...

Very cute bats - they look totally smitten, lol. Pretty stitched ribbon! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Donna Scholz said...

The stitching of the black mat really looks cool, Connie! I had to enlarge it to see it, but it REALLY makes the card! Thank you for sharing with us at Try Stmapin' on Tueaday!!! -Donna

Lori Kobular said...

Those bats are madly in love! Such a fun Halloween card! Love the dies you used and that spider web paper in the background!

Linda Simpson said...

I just adore this card Connie, love the sweet bats!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Fiona said...

What a fun card and great work with the stitching. I love seeing your cats - I'm a bit of a mad cat lady - I have three of my own and I foster for our local Cat's Protection so always have two little fur babies in my pens looking for homes. I wobbled last month and Kept one for myself - a gorgeous ginger girl! Thanks for joining us at TSOT this week.

*Vicki* said...

Now I'm not a fan of live bats, but this couple is really adorable and fun! Love ohw you've got this colored in Connie and your card is super fun and colorful making it perfect for Halloween! :) I thank you so much for sharing your card with us at CCT my friend and I really hope that you will join us this week for "anything goes" too!! HUGS

Krafty Kaylin said...

lovely halloween card. the bats are darling. thanks for joining us for the stitching challenge at TSOT

Jana Forrest said...

Connie, it's certainly Halloween with your card. Love all of it. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana Forrest

Helen said...

Great card - love your backing paper and the pop or orange ribbon.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Made by Helen{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Melanie R said...

What wonderful bat images - just the cutest! Thank you for joining in the challenge fun at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

Cards by Beckie said...

A great card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x