Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Halloween Sewing

     Gosh, I got so busy yesterday that I never got a post written!  Sorry, but today's post should make up for it. 

     Most of us who love Halloween (and who are crafters) get into making cards with witches or ghosts, or goblins, or Frankenstein, or other creepy things that go bump in the night, to send to friends and loved ones.  But I remember the days when my kids (and then the grandkids) were wanting Halloween costumes.  I loved making them and I've probably sewn 2 dozen or more over the years, and that doesn't count the home-made-but-not-sewn costumes. 

     I decided to do a card which celebrates that kind of creativity and salutes all those moms and grandmoms who slave away at the sewing machine making all those good things the kids love to wear.  :-D


     The Penny Black image is colored with ProMarkers, cut, and then framed with a decorative cut from a Spellbinders die.  I grabbed a scrap piece of orange CS to make that frame.  I layered those together and matted them with an embossed and glittery scrap of CS. 

     I was trying to stick with Halloween colors and use up some of the scraps still on my crafting table from all the Halloween cards I did this year.  The orange ribbon with the stars was a scrap left in my ribbon basket and it seemed a good place to use it.  I added one of my signature bows, 'dyed' lavender with a ProMarker.

     I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, and added it to the bottom of the black card front.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Di's Digi Designs
Hiding in My Craft Room
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz SAR
Paper Girls
Penny Black and More
Penny Black Saturday
Pile It On
Pixie's Snippets

     Have a great day and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

What a great memory maker this is! Don't you love creating a card that brings back lots of memories, or brings forth thoughts of friends, or especially, the person for whom you are making it? Your beautifully colored crafty mice are sweet, and clever in their quest for making a special Halloween! Love this card, Miss Connie! xx

*Vicki* said...

Connie, this image is darling!! Really love that old fashioned sewing machine too! The Halloween colors are "sew" fun as well! :) Remember my mom making lots of fun things for me growing up too! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

susiestacey said...

A lovely card, Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Autumn Splendour' challenge and good luck x Susan x

brenda said...

A really pretty creation, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Lori Kobular said...

Love this sweet card! The sewing machine is so pretty and I just love those little mice!!

Helen said...

Wonderful card - such a fun image!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Di said...

What a super card Connie and the image is delightful! Wonderfully coloured as well!

Great to see you in the Snippets Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

KathyA. said...

Just noticed your card at Di's Digis challenge. It is the cutest thing EVER. And your coloring is stellar.