Wednesday, January 18, 2023

You Make Me Smile

      Another fun Valentine card with a Single Rose image and a sentiment which are from Beccy's Place.  I had printed them together but it was quite a while ago and I found them in the folder labeled 'Ready for Coloring.'  I knew I could turn them into a Valentine card so colored with ProMarkers (as close as I could get to the pre-colored image by Beccy but a bit more pastel), then fussy cut them into one piece.

     I looked through the scrap basket and found a left over, negative, die cut (Lawn Cuts from Lawn Fawn) of the hearts.  The pink CS was embossed with my Linen EF.  For the card front, I chose deep, garnet-color, metallic, 'mirror' paper.  Everything was layered together in an eye-pleasing design and that made one more card for my Valentine stash.

     I had a lovely rose bush with roses just this color for several years but I had to leave it behind when I moved into my current home.  Still, it reminds me of the years spent in that house so I do love it.


     Challenges:

     Well, I certainly have fallen behind on getting my full year's worth of birthday cards made this month, but maybe I'll just get the ones done for the February birthdays, and do the rest of the year next month.  I've just gotten some additional requests for Valentine cards by the batch (to be donated to a group putting together care baskets for local homeless families with children which will be distributed through a shelter on Valentine's Day) so I'm going to have a total of about 50 Valentine cards.  
  
     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

You're going to be super busy making Valentine's Day cards! I love this one and that single rose. So pretty.
Hope you're not flooding out with all that rain.
Lynn

Arlene said...

Such a pretty card. So glad you joined our challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

NanaConnie: I so enjoyed reading your post and especially about the part where you're making extra Valentine's to donate. How thoughtfully generous! Thanks for coming over to Heart's Quest to enter your elegant Valentine's card. --Becca

Vickie Y said...

Very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

Doris P. said...

Very beautiful card. I like the motive. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

Beccy said...

Your Valentine's Day card is very pretty NanaConnie, I love the mirrored cardstock and heart-shaped cut outs. You did a fantastic job colouring the image too, the shade of pink you chose is wonderful.
Cheers,
Beccy

Helen said...

Beautiful - the metallic card works so well through the die cut.

Thanks for joining us at the Birthstone Challenge.

Helen x
DT