Friday, January 13, 2023

Ferret Love

      As I was making Valentine cards, I had a request from my eldest granddaughter for a card done in purple which featured a ferret.  She wanted it for a friend who loves ferrets and whose favorite color is purple (mine, too!)  She wanted this image used on the card so, of  course, I complied.  A new image for me!

     I love the pencil sketch aspect (although I have no idea who drew it but will happily give credit if anyone knows) and printed it onto lavender CS.  I used a ProMarker to add a frame of red around the heart, then cut the image with a die from Memory Box.  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die, and the edges were inked with another ProMarker.

     I cut another, larger rectangle with another Memory Box die and layered the two together on angles.  I put those onto a white CS background and added three flowers with gems from Petaloo.  The flowers were given to me by my granddaughter (given to her by another friend who's clearing out old crafting supplies) and although they are old, they are new to me.  Thanks, Granddaughter!  All of this made for a fun, CAS card for her friend on Valentine's Day.  My granddaughter hasn't seen it yet, but I know she'll love it.

     My favorite reason for sending cards is any holiday, whether they be world wide (like Christmas), national (like 4th of July), or personal (like birthdays.)  So having a good reason to make a Valentine card that will be sent to someone who appreciates it is a wonderful thing.  Of course, the real reason I send them is so that I have a way to get rid of all the cards I make instead of having them pile up around me, creating a serious danger of being buried under a ton of paper!  lol


     Challenges:
Outlawz Thursday

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

*Vicki* said...

That ferret is absolutely darling! What a brilliant image and of course I think he looks fabulous with the purple tones too! That's awesome that you were able to use items from your granddaughter too! I'm sure she'll love this!

ScrappyHorses said...

Awww, so adorable! Great colors and love the layout with the flowers! Thanks so much for sharing this cutie with us at Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

Gina's Cards said...

Beautiful card! The ferret is so adorable. Love the colours too. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog

Helen said...

It's a really great image and you've showcased it perfectly.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Brenda said...

What a great job youʻve done on your granddaughterʻs request. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge and As You Like It Challenge!

Sarah said...

Such a gorgeous Valentine!! Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah DT

Ilonka said...

A lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us at Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT