Thursday, January 12, 2023

Roses for Love

      I don't know why I was so long in discovering Gecko Gals, both their store and their challenges, but last month was my first time playing and then I ended up winning a challenge which they had sponsored.  Needless to say, I went on a shopping spree and now have their online Etsy shop tagged as a favorite.

     One of the sets I bought (Heart and Soul) had delightful images (many of them vintage) good for Valentine greetings.  This is the first card I did with one of those images.  In keeping with one of the January themes, "Black & White w/ Pop of Color, I colored this rose image with watercolor paints and fussy cut it before layering it onto of a black CS background.  The sentiment was done in red ink and cut with an Avery Elle die.  I think it made a perfect CAS card, although the open "white" space is black instead.


     Challenges:
Birthstone (Garnet)
Not2Shabby (rose)

     Look for another post tomorrow.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Quite striking! So glad you entered the Die Cut Divas' challenge this month with your Valentine card.

Helma said...

What a nice card. I do like these colours. Thank you for participating in the challenge at Morgans Artwork, Greetings Helma DT