Saturday, January 21, 2023

Life's Journey

      My card today can be a Valentine or just any celebration of Life and Love.  The image is from Jan's Digi Stamps and it's colored with a combination of ProMarkers and water colors.  I used the pre-colored image from the set as an example and tried to get my own colors as close to it as possible.  This is probably the third or fourth time I've used this image and it's been colored differently each time but I'd never tried the color combo in the pre-colored image before.  I'm really pleased with the result and am sending a huge "Thank You" to Jan for providing such a lovely combo.

     I cut the image with a stitched, square die from Lawn Cuts (Lawn Fawn.)  I used my Linen embossing folder on the background CS for a bit of visual texture but added no embellishment, wanting the card to be as CAS as possible.


     Challenges:

     I'll have another post this afternoon, so be sure to stop by again.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the floral heart, such beautiful colour mix. also a lovely sentiment.
Faith x

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! I hadn't seen this image from Jan but will have to check it out. LOVE your coloring on it.
Lynn

jamieruthp said...

Very pretty!!

Donna Ellis said...

Your coloring is oh-so-pretty, Connie! Love that you made this a square card with the wreath on an angle. Beautiful! So glad you uploaded your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . Thanks for the inspiration, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Jan Mahew said...

Lovely, Connie! Thank you for showcasing "Valentine Wishes" on your special card and sharing it with us here at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Donna Walls said...

This is a lovely image and so versatile. You've colored it beautifully. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge!
Donna xx

Samantha Mann said...

this card is so beautiful! love the floral heart! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics challenge! :D

Shelly Schmidt said...

SO very sweet- beautifully colored. Saw your entry and had to stop by to wave hello and tell you how lovely your card is- as usual!!! Miss you! Thank you for sharing it with us at Jans Digital stamps challenge!