Thursday, January 26, 2023

Blue Zinnias

      This beautiful image was drawn by Sandra at The Outlawz for their monthly Progressive Challenge.  I spent a lot of the month trying to decide between another Valentine card or a birthday card for my annual stash.  For the second day in a row, birthday won out.  :-D

     I colored with ProMarkers and white gel pen, then carefully fussy cut the image with scissors.  I wanted to use the sketch I found at There's a Stamp for That, so I added a delicate frame, cut from glittery, sticker paper with a die from Sue Wilson.  That frame is so detailed it's nearly impossible to add glue to the back so cutting from sticker paper is the only way to go.  Before cutting, I used Versamark clear ink, then added glittery, yellow embossing powder, and heat embossed the entire sheet.  

     I used textured fiber paper from DCWV which has been in my stash for so long, I had completely forgotten about it.  I added the glittery frame (deliberately tilted on an angle), then layered on the zinnia image, using an out-of-the-box technique with the leaves.  The sentiment was printed and cut with dies from Avery Elle.


Here's a shot of the sketch:

7 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow this is so beautiful NC! Love the delicate frame around your bouquet of flowers along with the background texture. Great job coloring and fussy cutting the image!

jimlynn said...

That frame die really is detailed!! So pretty and I love the blue flowers. Beautiful card Connie!
Lynn

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Such a pretty card and I love the colours and the textures in your card. The fame you have used is so delicate too. Great cat pictures too! Michelle x

Sandra said...

Beautiful NanaConnie!! And wow, that frame is gorgeous!! Thanks for playing in The Outlawz Progressive challenge!

Sharon Noble said...

Love all your stunning* makes thanks for
joining us all at I ❤️promarkers challenge blog
hugs sharon xxx
https://sharonscreativeramblings.blogspot.com/

Helen said...

Beautifully coloured and that frame sets it off really well.

Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers.

Helen x
DT

Furrbster said...

Sorry for the late comment, but this card is gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing it with us at I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz