Monday, January 16, 2023

Fishing for a Valentine

      I'm going a little crazy this month with Penny Black stamps but a neighbor was clearing out  her craft room and doing an early "spring" cleaning, and she decided that her stamping days were over.  Consequently, I was the happy recipient of a load of stamps, many of which had cute Penny Black critters suitable for Valentine cards.  Can you believe this one had never been used?  How could anyone resist?  I guess  in a way that makes it not only 'new to me' but actually new.  :-D

     The image was colored with a combo of water color paints and ProMarkers, then cut with a stitched and scalloped die from Memory Box.  The sentiment was fussy cut.  I found a crap of that sparkly, mesh ribbon in my stash, wrapped it around a red card blank, and added both the image and the sentiment.  A really simple and fast card.


I chose colors from My Favorite Things and 
used all of them in coloring the image.

     Challenges:

     That's it for today!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Rhodidodi said...

Your colouring is really beautiful. I love your wee hedgehog! Lovely to see you joining us at Crafty Catz Challenges.

Cynthia said...

This little hedgie is adorable! How fortunate that you have such a great neighbor to share with you. Thanks so much for joining us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

ScrappyHorses said...

How perfect for our challenge and the upcoming holiday! He is so adorable out fishing for his Valentine! So happy you shared with us at Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

Sheryl said...

This is such a darling stamp!
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Brenda said...

I am certainly glad you couldnʻt resist, this is darling! Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge!

Ilonka said...

A lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us at Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT