Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Cat on the Fishbowl

      How's this for a complete break from Valentines?  I was inspired once again by the new "No Stamps" challenge over at The Outlawz.  I'm putting together birthday cards for family which I'll use throughout the year.  I usually try to have them all done in January but since this month seems to have been dedicated to Valentine cards, I'm pretty sure making the birthday cards will be dribbling on throughout February.  :-D

     This card was made by die cutting three different pieces of scrap watercolor paper, and one of regular CS, which I colored appropriately before cutting them.  I used the same die on each colored scrap, then cut the parts I wanted from each of those die cuts and pieced them together to make the whole.  The die came from Cheapo Dies.

     The green background scrap was embossed with my Linen EF before layering it onto the card front.  The sentiment was printed and fussy cut.  I found a scrap of burlap, added it to the right side, and trimmed it to fit.  The bow was hand-tied using sparkle twine from We Are Memory Keepers.

     The birthday sentiment is on the inside.


     Challenges:

     I love the end result of this card, especially the die cuts and I know I'll be trying that technique again.  Using the die on each water colored scrap means that I didn't really know how it would look until I was layering it all together.  I'm going to try the same thing again but this time by die cutting white CS and then coloring the different parts with ProMarkers.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Cute and fun card. I really like the addition of that burlap too. Great idea on use of the linen embossing folder.
Lynn

Fikreta said...

so cute and fun!
I had cat and fish years back, my cat like to drink water from fish tank,one day she drank fish. I was not happy!
Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
Hope to see you again! Good luck!
Fiki Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱

Donna Walls said...

Ok, so this kitty is fishing the easy way! Great card Connie, Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx

Sandra said...

This is so cute!!! Thanks for playing in our brand new Outlawz No Stamp challenge!!

Sarn said...

Thanks for entering this lovely card to the Snippets Playground. There’s a mug of hot chocolate awaiting you in the Playground Treehouse xxx

Di said...

What a fun card Connie - good to see you back in the Snippets Playground. I think that perhaps you get better gentle shading from using the watercolours as you did rather than alcohol - please feel free to prove me wrong though!

Hugs

Di xx

Susan Renshaw said...

I remember when our goldfish were 'stirred up' by a neighbour's pussy cat...
Thanks for joining us in the new Outlawz No Stamps Challenge!