Sunday, July 23, 2023

Too Much Santa

      In another week, July will be gone and we'll be looking August squarely in the face.  Where did the first half of this year go?  I don't seem to remember much between May and July!  It's escaping far too quickly.  

      But with a week left, I'm doubling down on "Christmas in July" and getting a few more cards done for my stash.  I counted the other day and I have nearly 30 already finished, which feels like a good start on the hundred or so I make each year.  I use about 20 for family and friends, then the rest get donated to a local Senior Center.  The seniors there don't have access to the local Hallmark store and it's hard for them to get out and purchase Christmas cards for their own children and grandchildren so they really appreciate having access to the donated cards.

     The image and sentiment I used today were in a folder of Christmas images which I printed last year, awaiting coloring.  Unfortunately, I didn't note the name of the company or artist so I don't know who should get credit.  If you recognize it, please let me know.  I really want to acknowledge the artist.

     I colored this using my Sanjoki markers, highlighted with a white gel pen, then cut it with a die from QuicKutz.  I matted it with black CS and trimmed that close with my paper trimmer.  The sentiment was cut with a Tonic Studios die and also matted in black.  I used dimensional dots to mount the sentiment.

     The background dp came from my oldest stack of Christmas/Winter paper and it's from DCWV.


     Challenges:

      Wishing you all a fabulous Christmas in July and Happy Crafting!  NanaConnie

6 comments:

Vicki said...

LOL! This is so fun. Santa had a few too many cookies. Wish I could help with the image. No idea. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Christmas in July" Challenge.

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh he's too stinkin' CUTE trying to fit down the chimney with all of those Christmas sweets giving him a hard time! Never seen that image before, but he's cute! I love this! Happy Christmas crafting friend!

Liz said...

Great Christmas card Connie, such a fun design. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
Liz xx

Maria Valente said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Penny's Challenges.
Hugs

Marjeta said...

Beautiful card. The image is super. Thanks, for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.

Catie Cuddles said...

What a fun Santa
Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT