Thursday, July 6, 2023

Snowman in July?

      In keeping with all the "Christmas in July" themes, I just had to do at least one snowman card for Christmas.  I adore snowmen images and I'd use them year-round if I could find an excuse.  But I do feel sorry for those snowmen who have to tolerate our heat wave temperatures (anything 100 F or above for 3 or more days!) in July.  Although this one, and his little friend, seem to be holding up pretty well.  :-D

     I have to share a quick, childhood story before I share about my card.  This particular snowman, with the little bird on his arm, always reminds me of a theme park called "Santa's Village" which was up in the mountains in California.  Where I grew up in southern California, we didn't have winter snow so a trip to Santa's Village was a treat.  It happened to be near my grandfather's cabin and we always spent at least a week during the winter at that cabin so it was a short trip over to Santa's Village.  One of the things available in the park was a town square with lots of fresh snow (often machine made) where kids could build snowmen.  The only ones I ever built were at that square.  I remember watching winter birds perch on the stick arms of the snowmen, waiting to be fed seeds which were sold in small bags for the kids to scatter around for the birds.

     This snowman is from QKR Stampede and it's called "Winter Friends."  I wish I could give you a link in case you fell in love and wanted to buy it, but the QKR Stampede rubber stamps and digis are currently on hold while the brand is up for sale.  We all have our fingers crossed that a buyer will grab them up because they're just too cute and quirky to never be seen again.  

     I colored this one with Sanjoki alcohol markers and cut the image with a square die from QuicKutz,  The three papers in the background are all scraps and they all came from a DCWV stack, "Winter Magic" which I've had for more than a decade!  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.


     Challenges:

     Tomorrow I'll have a total of 3 posts, all featuring DT work.  It's not usual for me to have that many posts in one day but somehow they just all piled up because the 7th of the month fell on a Friday.  :-D  I hope you'll stop by and check things out.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

3 comments:

Diane said...

He's a great fun and plump snowman!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a great story Connie. LOVE your snowman card.
Faith x

Furrbster said...

This is a great card!

Hugz Tinz