Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Sunshine

      This seems like a completely seasonal card as we move into our second heat wave of the summer, predicted to last for 10 days or more this time, with temperatures as high as 112 to 114 F.  Ugh!  

      Normally, I'd be doing cards with winter scenes, hoping that might cool things down but I was cleaning up and reorganizing long forgotten file folders in the craft room over the weekend and ran across a folder which had at least 2 dozen images waiting to be colored and use for something.  This sun and sentiment were on the same piece of cardstock and I knew they needed to be used together.

     I grabbed a couple of my Sanjoki markers, quickly gave the sun and the hearts some color, then cut the image with a long, rectangle die from QuicKutz.  I had made no notations regarding artist or company which owns this image but if any of you recognize it, please let me know so that I can give proper credit.

     I inked the edges of the image piece, then added it onto the card front, making a very CAS card.  Including coloring, this took less that 20 minutes to make.  :-D

 Colors came from My Favorite Things.

     Challenges:
Outlawz SAR (Summer Daylight)

     The card was quick and easy and so is this post.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

4 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Really love this CAS card design and that wonderful sentiment you've used with Connie! Your coloring on the smiling sun makes him shine brightly too!

kel Acopan said...

Adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge!

lovies, =o) kel
TOL Monday Greetings DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the positive greeting on this card! Thanks for joining Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes!

Helen said...

So sweet - love that sentiment.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x
DT