Monday, July 24, 2023

Late for the Party

      I hate to say it but the days got away from me these last couple of weeks and I was late getting a grandson's birthday card done and mailed on time.  I knew when I started this card that it was already too late to mail it and have it arrive on or before his birthday but I knew I had the perfect Penny Black stamp to make a "belated birthday" card.  What do you think?

     I colored with my Sanjoki markers, then cut the image with a CUTplorations stitched die.  That die is actually a rectangle, but I cut once, then adjusted the die, and cut a second time to make it square.  I added mats to the image and the sentiment so that they would stand out from the background CS.  I used my Linen embossing folder on the blue background.

     The 'ribbon' is actually dyed raffia and I shredded the ends after tying the knot.  


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

*Vicki* said...

These hedgies have the cutest smile! I love him and I think it's just perfect for a late birthday! You've made me realize that I need to make one too! It's a darling card and beautiful coloring NC!

Cindy C. said...

Oh this is really cute! Thanks for linking up to our July challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So adorable, Connie, and perfect for a belated bday! Love how you turned the wonky rectangle into a square for your sweet hedgie!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

And ps - thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

Loll said...

Such a sweet scene you've created with the hedgie trying to get to the party quickly. :)

Arlene said...

Oh, the card is perfect for a belated BDay! So glad you joined us for our July challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Julie B said...

How cute is that hedgie trying his hardest to get there on time! Thanks for sharing him at HLS Birthday. :)

BożenA said...

This is a really beautiful birthday card. I love the colors and layout of the card.
Thank you for joining our challenge at HLS Birthday.
BożenA DT HLS

Helen said...

What fun! This is a cute belated birthday card! Clever addition for the sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB Saturday Challenge. Have a good week!