Saturday, July 8, 2023

Snow Globe Christmas

      One week into July and I'm still doing Christmas cards.  My stash has grown but only a little bit considering that I need around 100 cards this year.  I think I now have 5 done, maybe 6.  lol  But I'm making 1 (sometimes 2) each day so by the end of this month, I should be more than 1/3 of the way to my goal.

     This lovely image comes from Conie Fong and it's called "Snow Globe Wishes."  Amazingly, Conie has put her entire Etsy store on sale at 25% off for three days, July 7, 8 and 9, calling it a 'Christmas in July' sale!  But all the images in the store are on sale, not just Christmas images.  It started yesterday and two more days isn't very long so better get over there right now.  

     I colored this lovely lady with Sanjoki markers, then cut her out using a Spellbinders die.  I layered her onto a snowflake-embossed panel and that was layered onto a scrap of dp from K & Co. which has die cut borders.  I fussy cut the sentiment, added it to a lower corner, then added the three tiny pearls to the upper corner.  I think this is a delightfully 'elegant' Christmas card.


     Challenges:
Christmas Bingo ('O' free/pattern dp/emboss)
Polkadoodles

     We'd love to see you playing in our challenge over on Facebook.  All you need to do is use a Conie Fong image (and since you are now rushing off to the 25% off sale, you'll have that part handled!) and the theme is always Anything Goes.  Come on over and play.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A lovely image, beautifully coloured Connie, love the traditional red and green too.
Faith x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely image for this festive card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Lorraine

Rachael said...

I agree that this is an elegant card, such a pretty image you have coloured so beautifully! Thanks for sharing this with us over at Polkadoodles challenge. So glad you joined us this week!

Barbara Bruder said...

Connie, Your card is so pretty. Great use of that scrap piece of the DP and the whole card design is super. Pretty image and great coloring. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Birthstone Challenge Blog and best of luck with your entry.
Barbara DT Member for https://birthstonechallenges.blogspot.com/

Furrbster said...

1a very pretty card! I always find I have loads of cards left over as I don't actually send that many out lol.

Hugz Tinz

Barb Finnical said...

This is such an elegant card Connie! You really did an excellent job coloring the image too. I have never heard of Sanjoki markers. I'll have to look for them. Glad you got the image on sale. That's always nice! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us over at Christmas BINGO Challenges! We hope to see you next time too!