Tuesday, July 4, 2023

4th of July - Independence Day !

      Happy 4th to all my American friends!  

    It's Independence Day in the USA and in my town, we're celebrating with BBQ hot dogs, hamburgers, a visit to the Museum of History Revolutionary War exhibit, a parade, and fireworks once the sky gets dark.

     My youngest granddaughter isn't home this summer because she's taking a full load of summer classes at her university, along with participating in a summer internship.  Because she's out of state, we put together a "care package" box for her to open today.  My other granddaughter (her older sister) decided the box should have a theme like the other boxes we sent to her during the school year (i.e. Exams, Valentines, St. Patrick's, etc.) and the theme became Red, White, and Moo - in honor of the silly 'Counting Cows' game, originally used to lessen the boredom of long drives back and forth between California and Texas when she was moving at the beginning of the academic year.

     Of course, as with each box, my job was to make a card to go in it and my daughter picked out the cow image for me.  The cow was pre-colored but I added highlights to it using gel pens and polychromos pencils.  The sentiment had to be the theme, and I cut the image piece with an oval die from QuicKutz.

     I found the fireworks for the background in a digital stamp set by Jan's Digi Stamps called Independence Day Friends.  There were two separate images, one red and the other blue, which I merged together after reversing one of them.  I sized them before printing so that they would fill the entire background.

     I chose scraps of red and blue CS to make the card front, added the panel of fireworks, and then mounted the image onto dimensional dots before applying it over the fireworks.  I love the way it turned out!  :-D


     Challenges:

     That's it for today.  Be safe and sane with all your celebrations.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

6 comments:

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Leanne said...

OMGOSH...adorable, this is great, thank you for playing our challenge and well done!

Leanne DT Member/CIC
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fantastic card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh is that not the cutest thing ever! I love your the fireworks bursting from the background and the little bow in the hair is too adorable! Wonderful celebration cand and I'm sure you had an amazing time with your family for the Holiday! Wonderful idea for the care boxes and I'm sure putting them together is a wonderful feeling too!

Jan Mahew said...

Fabulous Patriotic composition, Connie! Thank you for showcasing the festive bursts of fireworks to emphasize your cute cow and sharing it with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Kelly Parker said...

Wonderful card, thank you fro playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!