Sunday, July 30, 2023

Nativity Cards

      I have two more Christmas cards to share with you this morning.  I hadn't really intended to make any more Christmas cards this month but I happened to get a new, Crafter's Companion, double die I had ordered and, since I've never had one of those before, I had to try it out right away.

     The die is made to cut two layers of CS at the same time, which then can be used on one card.  I used two shades of brown CS for the cuts, then layered them together.  I had already run them through my Cuttlebug using my Linen EF before cutting.  

     I chose some blue, glitter CS for the background, and I think it made a delightful night sky.  The 'star' is also part of the die (as you'll see on the second card.)  I used a gold paint pen on the star before adding it to the sky, and also used it on the cut outs of Mary and Joseph.  I saved the cut out pieces for yet another project.  The sentiment is from QKR Stampede and I fussy cut it.


     Being a frugal crafter, I simply couldn't bear to toss out the leftover negatives from the original die cutting, so I made a second card, layering the two pieces together after reversing the one which had the 'negative' star.  This time I used the two shades of brown CS, plus a bottom layer of cream CS. 

     I found a scrap of lavender CS for the background.  I added some sparkle to the star by coloring the space with a Sakura glitter pen.  The "Merry Christmas" sentiment is from Eureka Stamps, printed and fussy cut.


     Challenges:
Christmas Crafts ... (7 palm trees)

     Happy Stamping (and die cutting!)  NanaConnie  

5 comments:

Heather said...

Lovely layers! I so enjoy these landscape dies - so dramatic, and I love your paper choices, too! That big gold star is perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Darlene said...

Absolutely awesome and look at you go using up all those extra pieces! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Alyson Mayo said...

These are both so pretty - love that die! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

*Vicki* said...

These turned out wonderful with that die! I think it makes a perfect landscape for keeping the negative as well! That blue sparkle is perfect for the starry sky!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How clever you are using all the pieces for 2 cards, lovely colour mixes for these lovely dies Connie. I'm with you being frugal.
Faith x