Friday, July 28, 2023

Purr-fect!

      It's time for another challenge at Crafty Catz, where our theme is always Anything Goes but we also offer you an OPTIONAL theme, if you want to use it.  Our option this week is "Hot Colors" and all I have to do is look out the window of my craft room and I can see heat and hot colors far beyond anything I care to see!  

     When is this heat wave going to end?  We're on day 14 in a row of being over 100 F and the 'good' news from the weatherman this morning was we may stay at 100 F today instead of going above it.  I suppose that's better than 110 but once it reaches 100, it pretty much all feels the same.  And the heat wave doesn't officially end until we have 2 days in a row of  99 F or below.  Yuck!

     Ok, information about my card - since we don't have a sponsor this week, we could use whatever we wanted on our DT projects.  I chose a cute image from Eureka Stamps called "Big and Little Cat" and a sentiment from QKR Stampede called "You're Purrfect."  

     I used Sanjoki markers to color the cat image and then fussy cut it with scissors. That image is mounted on dimensional dots.  I printed, colored (polychromos pencils), and cut the sentiment with a Die-namics die.  I found some lovely fiber paper for the background (DCWV), giving great texture to the entire design. 

I used colors from CRAFTalnica.

     Challenges:

     Come play with us this week.  It's our last challenge before we take a summer break throughout the month of August.  We'll be  back on the first Friday of September and I hope to be able to tell you that things have cooled down some.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

4 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is brilliant card design Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Chris said...

Such a sweet and fun card, purrfect combo of image and sentiment.
Phewww! We're moaning about the weather here...too cold and wet for too long but I'd rather this than the heat you're suffering- hope it cools down soon!
xx

*Vicki* said...

Adorable card Connie! I absolutely love that sentiment with your kitty pals! The texture in the background is awesome!

AndrejaM said...

Zelo lepo si ustvarjala v predlaganih barvah! Hvala, ker sodeluješ pri CRAFT-alnici