Tuesday, August 17, 2021

A Pretty Calf for a Lovely Thank You

      I noticed the other day that my stash of  Thank You cards was getting pretty low and, just in time, this DOTM showed up from Imagine That!  Along with the sweet calf image, there are sentiments and one of them was perfect for adding to my stash of Thank You cards.  :-D

     I colored with ProMarkers and gel pens, then cut the image with a die from Tattered Lace.  The die is actually made for cutting a shaped card so it has a blank space at the top without any cutting, but after cutting once, I turned the piece in the die and cut a second time so that I had a complete circle.  

     The sentiment is cut with an Unbranded die and the bottom corner of the flocked paper was cut with a Poppy Stamps die.   The corner die also embosses but that doesn't show up very well on the flocked paper.   I used a craft knife to distress the edges of the flocked paper but it's very heavy paper and the distressing doesn't show up very well in the photo.  I didn't want to cover any more of that gorgeous Doodlebug paper so I let the design and the die cuts be their own embellishment.


     Challenges:

     Hope your week is going well and that you can find some 'down time' just for you.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This calf is absolutely adorable for sure! I don't blame you for not wanting to cover up that paper either! The colors and design are fabulous!

Kristine said...

Soo soo Pretty!! I love that purple flocked paper and your gorgeous corner die. Lovely card NanaConnie 👌❤

Judy Woodland said...

Awe, such a sweet little critter. I love the eye lashes! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this time over at The Mod Squad. I hope you will send this card to Gina!!! She will love it.
Judy~ MSC DT

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous thank you card. I love the cute calf. Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog for challenge #90 which has the theme Anything Goes. The sponsor is Beccy’s Place. Hugs Jackie DT xxx

Suze said...

Gorgeous card NanaConnie. I like the fancy corner. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Monica C. said...

Again, beautiful coloring on the calf. That background paper is lovely and the corner die a perfect addition.
Hugs Monica

Lisa Bird said...

Beautiful card and image. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog.

Helen x
DT

Jeanne J. said...

Awww! That little calf is adorable. You've brought back some childhood memories for me too! Do you remember Elsie the cow? She always had a beautiful bouquet of flowers too and I loved seeing her at the breakfast table on the milk carton. Your coloring is beautiful and I love the PURPLE!!!