Monday, August 2, 2021

Fright Night

      Once more it's time for a Halloween card for 2 Old Bats  where the theme is always "Halloween."  I've played there pretty faithfully since the challenges first started.  I love making Halloween cards and I figure if I can do Christmas cards all year round, why not Halloween?  I seem to be gaining new family members as my grandkids marry and have kids of their own so it's not like I have nobody to receive them. :-D

     This spooky Fright Night card was done using one of the images sent to me by a dear friend early last fall after I lost all my digital images (nearly 10,000!) due to a flash drive crash.  It was printed in gray scale and I colored it with ProMarkers and gel pens.  

     The graveyard fence was made with two die cuts, one orange and one black (Spellbinders die) which I offset before adding them at the bottom of the card.   The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  I really wanted the scary jack-o-lantern head to be the focus of the card so I left it without any embellishments.  I'd classify it as a CAS card but many people think it has to have lots of 'white' space to be CAS so I'll leave it to you to decide.


     Challenges:

     You really should come and play along at 2 Old Bats.  This month, they have a prize which is wonderful.  Of course, if you don't play, that means there'll be a better chance that I'll win it.  :-D  On the other hand, Halloween isn't all that far away since it's already August !  
  
     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow I just love this wickedly cool image NC!! How fun! I do love me some Halloween! Thanks for the reminder and awesome inspiration!

Gayle said...

Awesome image and all of those cool extras for your fright night card.

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card. I must admit I don't like making Halloween cards but yours is great. Have a lovely day. Anesha x

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, that has to be one of the scariest Halloween images ever! So incredibly cool, though! The fence is perfect with him, too. That's so awful about losing 10,000 digis! I don't have quite that many, probably, but I do store them on a flash drive. Thought that would be the safe thing to do. Yikes!

Leslie Miller said...

I got so carried away with my comment that I forgot to say "thanks for joining us at Two Old Bats", sheesh!

Anonymous said...

Nana Connie, we do appreciate so much for being so faithful to 2Old Bats! That jack-o-lanter sure is the focus of the card. Did you color in white around the "head"? Super cool!

Thanks so much for joining us at TwoOldbatshalloweenchallenge.blogspot.com
-- Dalis
http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

Donna Ellis said...

oh my goodness! I love love LOVE that spooky image, AND the way you have colored it. Do you have any idea where the image came from, so I can purchase it, too? FABULOUS creation, Connie! hugs, de

Bunny said...

This has to be one of my favorite images for Halloween. It's just wicked spooky and so cool. I really like your card. [Bunny]

Diane said...

Wow, what an awesome image and card this is, love it's spookiness!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats and for supporting our challenges, we really really appreciate it more then you know!
Diane TOB DT{Nellies Nest}

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fun and spooky card, love it..

Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Chrissy DT  https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/

Darlene said...

Oh Connie this is FABULOUS! WOW what an awesome image and love how you've colored it! Great idea to use the graveyard fencing ... Well done my friend and so sorry you lost all those images (I remember when that happened ... devastating!) Thanks so much for continuing to support our Halloween fun!! Meets so much!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, you can play as many times as you’d like!! If we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE. Who knows, there might be a prize without reaching that goal! LOL

Darlene
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Marjeta said...

Your card is gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at Colour Crazy

Kim said...

Spooky card ready for Halloween. Thanks for joining the challenge at Angie's Digital Stamps Challenge Blog.

Nunzia Carusio said...

Wonderful spooky card. Many thanks for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles Challenge blog.
Hope to see you again soon.
×
Nunzia

Lori Kobular said...

What an awesome spooky Halloween card! I love that image! Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Old Bats Halloween Challenge!

Julie Odil said...

Connie, this is a wonderfully spooky Halloween scene! You have outdone yourself on this one. Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us Challenges. Julie, DT member

Vickie Y said...

WOW! Love this spooky Halloween image and card! Thank you for sharing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge August "ATG" and sorry for the late comment.
Ileanaxx