Sunday, August 8, 2021

Friends and Flowers

      We're starting a new challenge over a Pammie's Inky Pinkies and our theme is "Anything Goes."  Our marvelous sponsor this week is Lee Holland and the DT received images to use.  I love this "Woodland Floral Border" and the detail on the stamp is incredible!

      I realized recently that when I color with whatever medium, I tend to use just one or two colors with a neutral or two thrown in.  Often my coloring is unintentionally monochromatic.  But I happened to be inspired by both this image and the photo at the Inspiration Station challenge (see below in challenges list) and dug out a wide array of ProMarkers.  Although most of the colors are based on pinks and greens, you'll find blues, purples, even yellow and a tiny splash of light orange.

      Once colored, I cut the image with an octagonal die from QuicKutz.  I used a pink card base and added a diagonal scrap of green CS for the background, then rounded the corners of the card with a Fiskars punch.  The satin ribbon came from the scrap basket, and the flowers (both the white lace and the purple mulberry paper flowers) have been hanging around in the embellishment drawer for a couple of years now.  It was time to use them.  :-D


     Challenges:
Butterfly  (ribbon, Russian green, rose pink)

     I hope you'll think about playing in our challenge this week.  With a theme of Anything Goes, how can you lose?   You might even win some Lee Holland images.  As a side note, I'm just discovering Lee Holland and have fallen in love with the dragons in the shop - all of them!  I've already put a serious dent in my budget this month just THINKING about buying 10 or 20 of them.  lol  

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Francesca said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Zoechaos said...

I really came back for another look at the cats! No seriously it was of course this lovely card I wanted to see more of and learn about. Your colouring is flawless and with lots of little fiddly bits to colour that is something. I love your colour pallet so happy to see you again at Inspiration Station & good luck. xx

*Vicki* said...

Such a sweet image and so beautifully colored too NC!! I have so many flowers hanging around my craft stash! Great addition to your card friend! HUGS

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Aud Sentiments Designs Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Monica C. said...

Great use of that green cardstock in the corner to create a background. The image is so sweet and beautifully colored.
Hugs Monica

Mrs A. said...

This is really pretty. I love the colours you have used here. I like using Pomarkers too. They are the first pens I ever used and are still my go to when colouring. I had a look at Lee's etsy shop as well and though I am not a Dragon fan I love the images she has of them. Thankyou for coming into the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.