Friday, August 13, 2021

Best Friend's Birthday

      Today I'm sharing another card which features a Mariola Budek image.  She has become one of my favorite artists.  :-D  It doesn't hurt my feelings any when those images have adorable kittens in them.

     This image is in gray scale which makes coloring it an absolute dream!  I used ProMarkers and pencils, then cut the image with a Gina Marie die.  The background is made from scraps that were in the basket of pieces to be either used or tossed and, since the basket was getting full to overflowing, many were going to be tossed.  

     The dark green CS was dry embossed with my "linen" EF.  The lighter green piece was cut with a Memory Box die, used to add a bit of texture from the stitching. The butterflies were cut with the edge of a Spellbinders die and the little cat at the bottom was cut with a Cheery Lynn die.  It's amazing what you can get out of few bits of scrap paper, isn't it?

     The sentiment piece is nothing more than some left over (and rescued) table confetti from a birthday party 3 years ago.


     Challenges:
Butterfly  (Russian green)

         Hope you enjoyed seeing this card as much as I enjoyed making it.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Fabulous way to use those scrap pieces! Really need to remember that as I like the look of the pieced background you've made here! Such a sweet image as well! HUGS

Bunny said...

This is beautifully colored and so cute. Love how you colored the kitty. [Bunny]

Nunzia Carusio said...

Such a cute image. Love the card. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Challenge.
×
Nunzia

Mrs A. said...

I have just looked at some of the images on sale. They are lovely but I don't think I would ever be brave enough to try and colour them up!Lol. your card is so pretty and pulling all the scraps together works perfectly. Thankyou for coming and playing again in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Monica C. said...

This is beautiful, Connie! You did a great job on coloring the image and I love all the little bits you have added using the scraps.
Hugs Monica

Di said...

Great use of snippets Connie - and your colouring is fabulous as always! Make sure to play in Challenge 410 - it's a feline themed prize - yay!

Hugs

Di xx

NickScrapShack said...

Super cute card and I do understand why you love this artist. She draw some wonderful images. Great use of those paper. Love the cute die cut frame around the image too.
Thank you for sharing your talent with us at I LOVE PROMARKERS. Best of luck! Nick DT.