Monday, August 9, 2021

An Orchid Thank You

      I love the way this card developed and the end result.  It features a wonderful "Orchid" image from Beccy's Place. Both the image and the paper I used are on Beccy's list of Freebies on her blog.  You really need to go and check those out.  She has so many wonderful images available there.

     I used ProMarkers ands white gel pen to color the image, then I cut it with a Spellbinders die.  I adjusted the color of the background dp before printing it, then cut it with the same Spellbinders die, and inlaid the image into the background dp.  I added colored CS behind the image so that it would show through the openings in the die cut.  Although it doesn't show very well, there's sparkle gel ink in the small 'circle' shapes of the 4 compass positions on the border of die cut,

     I added two strips of satin-edged, sheer, ribbon and used one of my signature, hand-sewn bows with a pearl.  


     Challenges:

     I hope your week is going well and that the weather isn't too extreme in either a hot or cold direction.  Take some time for yourself and do some Happy Crafting.  :-D  NanaConnie

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow! This is really gorgeous NC! Love that beautiful frame around your image and the papers look wonderful with this!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such beautiful orchids, Connie! Hope you are doing well. :-) It has been quite a while since I played in a challenge, and I just found your card at Word Art Wednesday. Sending you a hug!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a pretty design, I love the inlaid die cut frame, it makes a pretty feature on your card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Beccy said...

Wow, what a beauty! I love the frame NanaConnie, it's a beautiful design and looks even better with the cardstock background. I love how well you've coordinated the colours too. The ribbons are a lovely, soft touch and the little embellished bow is very sweet. Beautiful card!
Cheers,
Beccy

Heather said...

Beautiful!! Such a gorgeous image and I LOVE the frame die you used; it's one of my favorites and I love how you inlaid it into the patterned paper! Thanks for playing with Di's Digi Designs.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.

coldwaters2 said...

This is a real beautiful creation Connie the image and the colours are superb a wonderful card thank you for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS
hugs
lolo x

Monica C. said...

Love the inlay die cutting you have done here with the colored paper in the background. Lovely coloring on the pretty image too.
Hugs Monica

Stacey said...

What a pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's.
DT Stacey www.butterflycreations.blog

Kim said...

Such a pretty card. Very elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles.

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it us at Penny's Challenge.

Helen x

sweetpea said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Polkadoodles challenge Janet DT