Friday, August 20, 2021

Another Dance Day

      Did you enjoy my week long break from cards influenced by a dance theme?  I hope so because I'm back to dance cards today but these are a bit different from the Ballroom style.  Today we celebrate good old West Coast Swing and Boot Scootin' !  :-D

     There's also no coloring on either one of these which is extremely unusual for me.  Instead, I dug out a never-before-used die from Die-namics.  I bought this die probably three years ago when my daughter was teaching West Coast Swing dancing.  I wanted to do some cards for her and her dance group but shortly after I got it, she had an injury and couldn't dance for many months, probably as much as a year, and then the pandemic closed in.

     Now I'm finally using the die and made these two cards, the first of which I'll give to her.   On the card with the white background, I cut the silhouette from a scrap of black CS, added the color by trimming tiny scraps of red and blue CS and attaching them to the back of the silhouette.  The sentiment was printed, fussy cut, framed, and fussy cut again.    For the red card, I cut the dancers from  brown CS, mounted them onto a scrap of red CS, made a lariat using red jute cord, then printed and cut the sentiment with a die from Avery Elle.

     Both are CAS designs, good for either male or female.  I chose the red and blue because red is my favorite primary color and, when mixed with blue, it makes purple, which is my favorite color of the entire color wheel.  IN addition to that, either red or blue will work on masculine cards as well as feminine ones.




     Challenges:
    (Card #1)

    (Card #2)

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

lovely cards. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Aimeslee Winans said...

Caught my eye in one of the challenges as I have that MFT die and love it! xoxo

Bunny said...

This makes me want to sing "All my exes live in Texas". I love country music and line dancing. [Bunny]

Monica C. said...

They are both lovely, Connie! I love how that die cut shines on the simple background.
Hugs Monica

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
Anneke DT

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This is a fabulous card and sentiment to match. I haven't seen a die like this one before and the silhouette works so well on both your cards. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Let's Craft & Create, happy crafting, Michelle DT x

Julie Odil said...

Connie, you are so clever with your sentiments! This is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us Challenges. Julie, DT member

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous cards! The red and black design looks so romantic - beautiful 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x