Thursday, August 12, 2021

Don't Over-Shop!

      Doing anything for too long without taking a break can be harmful to your health and that includes "Retail Therapy!"  It's time for the start of a new weekly challenge over at Creative Knockouts and this week our theme is "All Stitched Up."  Add stitches; they can be real or faux.  Our fantastic sponsor is the most beloved Hetty Clare and she supplied images for the DT.  I chose "Ladies on a Seesaw" and this card is going to remind me (through an eye-level placement on the craft room door) that taking breaks is a wonderful thing.

     This image was such a perfect opportunity to make the entire card into a scene buy choosing papers which worked for both sky and ground.  I started by coloring the image with my ProMarkers, then cutting it with a die from Cuts.  The die has stitching marks and I enhanced them by using a black gel pen on each stitch.

     Once colored, I chose papers from Recollections (green) and Lawn Fawn (blue) stacks which complimented the colors I used on the sky and ground in the image.  I added a wrap of aqua ribbon and tied a double-loop bow for the top of the card.  I printed and fussy cut the sentiment, and the card was done!


     Challenges:

     Come play with us this week!  You could win a prize from Hetty Clare and we'd love to be inspired by what you make.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie 

13 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fun card NC! Love the shape of the focal image and how it's been stitched-lovely card!

Teresa Arsenault said...

That includes online shopping and browsing too, I’m afraid. :) fabulous card my friend. Hugs, Teresa

Donna Walls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Walls said...

I love this image and your coloring is beautiful. I need some retail therapy followed by a chilled glass of Pina Colada therapy! Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge and best of luck in the draw! Donna

*Vicki* said...

Really cute image Connie! Love the way that the papers worked out for your scene too!! Happy crafting friend!

Monica C. said...

What an outstanding image!! I love it and your card is so great.
Hugs Monica

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this adorable card and the image is perfect for summer. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge, Elizabeth

Zoechaos said...

Funny thing I was just reading an article about the need to take breaks and give your brain/mind some decompression time. Your card and the fun image you used is a great reminder love the idea of putting it on the craft room door. Thank you for joining us at Inspiration Station with this terrific card and good luck xx

The Craft Princess said...

Oh that is such a sweet card and creatively done! I love it! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Lovely card, I love your scene and colors. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

NatalieBramasole said...

Cute funny card, great job 👍

Helen said...

A great scene and a really cute design.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x

Marci said...

Your card is gorgeous 🥰! Thank you for your participation at Inspiration Station Blog we hope to see you on our next challenge too!
Marci - DT