Sunday, February 24, 2019

Golden Roses

     This gorgeous image, with all kinds of options for coloring it, is the freebie image for the Progressive challenge at LeAnn's World 101.  I colored them to look like roses which actually grow on a bush in my side yard.  I don't know the name of the rose because the bush was there when I moved in but they are a golden, buttery, yellow with pink on the edges.


     This time, I colored with a combination of ProMarkers and polychromos pencils.  I cut the image with a framing die from Spellbinders, then cut a piece of dp with a second die from Spellbinders, which I used as a mat behind the image.   

     The plaid background paper is a digital paper I created by changing the colors in a paper from Doodle Pantry (now closed - sadly.)

     The two ribbons are from Really Reasonable Ribbon and I had them in my rather huge stash of ribbons.  The bow is another of the ones I sew up by the dozens and I 'dyed' it with ProMarkers.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Sentiments Designs
Outlawz Colors
Outlawz Greetings
Passion for ProMarkers
Scrappy Land
TTCRD
Word Art Weds.
Work It Weds.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful roses, and love the green plaid paper, you have recoloured it so well and matches perfectly with the roses!! The ribbon is a lovely detail!!

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, love the die you have used which enhances the roses beautifully. Loving the papers too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Great combination of pencils and markers in your coloring technique, Connie! That must have been fun (I love combining mediums in coloring), and the fancy frame in your design is also gorgeous! Beautifully done! hugs, de

Cards By MI said...

A lovely looking card with lovely looking image. Thanks for joining us over at Passion for Promarkers this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Julie said...

So pretty - the flowers look great against the background papers! Thanks again for sharing with us at PFP! Juliexx

Shelly said...

Pretty floral card. Thank you for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week and good luck, Shelly x

Deanne Saunders said...

Lovely card!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEANN’S WORLD 101 challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Mary M said...

Nice use of those two frame dies. Super cute card. Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenge #108.