Friday, February 1, 2019

Bandaged Cat

     Welcome to our newest weekly challenge at QKR Stampede where our theme is always "Anything Goes."  There's no requirement to use images from QKR (or from our sister company, Eureka Stamps) but for those of you who do use them, you increase your chances of winning by a huge amount since those entries go into a completely separate drawing so your odds are much better.  :-D

     The image I used today is from QKR and it's called "Bandaged Cat."  Every time I use this image, I can hear my dad in my head talking about someone being "as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!"  lol  Now you know why!


     I used my ProMarkers to color the cat, then cut the image with a die from Lawn Fawn.  I cut the blue frame with a Cottage Cutz die.  The shiny, metallic background was cut with an Altenew die and everything is layered onto a smoke-blue card base.

     I printed and hand cut the sentiment, matted it with a scrap of blue CS, and added that below the image.  Because I used this as a masculine, get-well card, I didn't add any further embellishment.  I thought the texture of the layers and the die cuts was enough.

     Challenges:
Cardz TV
Crafting by Designs
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Catz
Creative Inspirations
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Paperbabe Stamps
Scrappy Land
Word Art Weds.

     I'm hoping that by next week, I'll be back to my regular routine but if it takes another week, please trust that I will be back.  I haven't abandoned my crafting nor my blogging.  I just need to get settled in again after all the recent changes.  Thanks for your patience.  :-D  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Connie, hope you get settled in real soon. Don't worry about blog or commenting that is just part of life. Another fabulous card, I adore this cat and wonderful sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Poor cat :) but it's so cute and fun! Great design and love the background!

Liz said...

Love this card, Connie, great design. The expression on the cat is just priceless! xx

Monica C. said...

I would agree that rocking chairs and tails don't go together! Cute card.
Hugs
Monica

Lisa said...

Aw. I just want to hug the sweet kitty with the bandaged tail!! The background is fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a fabulous saying and a super card to follow. That poor kitty with his bandaged Tail hee hee!! I'm sure whatever he has done he will think twice before doing it again! Beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing with us over at Paperbabe Stamps and joining in with the ATG challenge.
Creative wishes Tracey DT

*Vicki* said...

Awe!! Poor kitty!! Really love your background with the texture!! Sending HUGS

Anne Temple said...

Awww..... this is so cute. Love that image!

NickScrapShack said...

Great card. Love the image and hopefully it will put a little smile on someone who needs it face.
Thank you for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Best of luck with your enry. Nick