Thursday, February 14, 2019

Final Vintage Valentine Cards

Happy St. Valentine's Day !
     I want to share with you my last three vintage Valentines.  These were done at the last minute after I got a call yesterday from a friend who had seen the earlier ones I did and asked if there was still time for me to make two cards for her grand-daughters (ages 4 and 6) and one for her daughter.  
It took me about 3 hours to get these done and she's on her way over to pick them up.  :-D

     Here are the two for the grand-daughters.  She told me they both love kittens so...

 

     On both cards, the kittens were originally gray scale images so I used ProMarkers to add some color.  On the top one, I used white gel pen to add the sentiment to the hearts.  I fussy cut the kittens and added them to a red heart with Pop Dots, then layered that onto a white doily.  I used 'confetti' CS to make the card base, added two scraps of red dp (Paper House) and one of my signature, hand-sewn, bows with a pearl.

     Challenges for this card:

     For this second card, the kittens were already in a heart shape so I fussy cut that allowing for the pink bow and the rose to be "out-of-the-box."  I used dimensional tape to add the kitten/heart piece to the inside of a filigree heart stamp.  I cut that piece with a Gina Marie die and added the sentiment to the top and bottom.  I used chalks to 'sponge' the border.  The card base is embossed, burgundy CS and I added a scrap of dp from my stash plus 2 blue doilies.


     Finally, this is the card for her daughter.


     On this one, I highlighted the roses with white gel pen on one of the images and popped up the roses and the bow in her hair with Pop Dots for added dimension.  The lace behind the image is from my stash and the pink half-frame is a scrap of CS which was on the craft desk.  The bright pink bow was made with lace, wrapped with satin ribbon.  I added the tiny, epoxy, flower/heart and called it finished.

     Challenges for this card:
Aloha Friday
Crafty Addicts
Creative Inspirations

     That's it for today.  Spread the love this Valentine's Day and don't forget to love yourself, too.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Amazing colouring on the vintage images!! You are so talented! The cards look all very beautiful and love the sweet details you added on each of them!!

Donna Ellis said...

They are all sweet, Connie, and so beautifully designed! Happy Valentine Day!

Diane said...

Love your vintage Valentines...they are fabulous!! thank you for joining our Double D challenge!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

They are all just beautiful Connie! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful creations with the kittens. So detailed! I bet the girls loved them! Thank you for joining us for our love challenge at Crafting by Designs!

Ellibelle said...

I love these vintage style image, so gorgeous! All such beautiful creations!

Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about Dies/Punches or Hearts.
Ellie

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful vintage card. Love the gorgeous details. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Furrbster said...

These are all such gorgeous cards - I love your colouring on the kitties,

Thanks so much for purring along to ply with us at Aud Sentiments :)

Hugz Tinz

Monica C. said...

I have enjoyed seeing your vintage Valentine's cards. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs
Monica

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous, Fabulous and Fabulous, Super work and beautiful cards. Connie.
Faith
Faith
Daffodil Cards

Michelle said...

Such a cute card. All of them.
Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

Pattie G said...

This is so cute! It goes perfect with our current challenge “Love, Love, Love” at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
Pattie
Artist and Owner

Billie A said...

Both of your cards are so cute and sure the little girls loved them. I am glad you shared over at Crafty Gals Corner.
Billie A
Crafty Gals Corner
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Colour Crazy Challenge
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Creations In Pink
Crafty Catz

*Vicki* said...

These are ALL quite amazing creations my friend!! I sure do love those kitties so much!! They are all very elegant and Vintage looking!! HUGS :)

Melanie said...

Lovely cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Love or Valentine sentiment” challenge over at Aud Sentiments.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)

Donna Walls said...

They are all so lovely Nana Connie! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges and we hope you will join us again! Donna - DT Member

Karla Yungwirth Designs said...

Your cards are beautiful! I love how you customized the images with colour and gel pen highlights Thanks so much for joining us for the Kitty Bee Designs challenge! We hope to see you again soon! Hugs, DT Karla

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

I adore your kitty cards! They are amazingly sweet! Love them! :)