Wednesday, February 6, 2019

My Happy Valentine

     I've done a few Valentine cards using recycled and vintage images since things are still not completely accessible after all the boxing up and reorganizing.  Most of the markers and colored pencils are still put away and my printer use is somewhat limited.  But I am loving the entire box of vintage Valentines which were given to me several years ago and which got set aside during the last move.  I found them a few weeks ago and they have been put to great use during this year's turmoil.

     Expect to see several vintage Valentine cards over the next couple of weeks.


     I thought this image was adorable with the little girl and her faithful dog.  I cut the old card, used a Spellbinders die to cut the image into a rectangle, then punched it with a Fiskars' corner punch.  I used scraps of red paper on a kraft card base, and layered on a scrap piece of wide, wired, sparkly, silver ribbon before adding the image piece.  That ribbon and the flowers gave the card some really great texture!

     The ribbon of embroidered daisy flowers with pink centers came from my stash.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Cardmakers
Cupcake Inspirations

Cute N Crafty
Get Creative
Incy Wincy
Outlawz Greetings
Paper Girls
Simon Says Stamp & Show

     See you later.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is darling. That daisy trim is the ultimate retro trim for this card. Sorry to hear you had to move again. I have been out of touch with you. I wish all the best for 2019. Hugs, Teresa

Linda Simpson said...

What a gorgeous vintage card my friend, I adore the beautiful image and you know I love my vintage too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Maria Giselle B. said...

Love the vintage focal point. Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Make It Girly Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle B. (https://ienjoywhatido.blogspot.com)

Monica C. said...

Lovely vintage card! I love that silver ribbon behind the focal image.
Hugs
Monica

Sandy said...

Your vintage card is lovely! So glad you for joined in on our challenge this week over at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT

J said...

A lovely vintage card - Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Jackie x

Unknown said...

Your Vintage card is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspiration challenge :-)

crafty said...

Lovely design. Thank you for joining us at Crafting From the Heart.
Mary