Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Unicorn Love

     When this image from All Dressed Up begged to be used as an expression of love, I had a moment of doubt but then I remembered a saying from my childhood when my dad said, "Love from a puppy is the best kind of love" and I knew that had to be true about unicorns, too.  Maybe even better than puppy love since unicorns are so rare.      :-D


      I did my usual coloring with ProMarkers, then cut the image with a die from QuicKutz.  The background paper is the last scrap of a 12x12 scrapbooking paper from my stash.  I'm sad to see it used up and will have to look for more.  I love that it has hearts and flowers and is PURPLE!!!

     I knew I wanted a really different kind of bow for this one so I used a scrap bit of lace, rolled and pinched it in the middle, then wrapped with satin ribbon.  The sentiment was printed and hand cut, then added to the bottom.  Not quite CAS but not overdone either.

     Challenges:
All Dressed Up
Angie's Digital Stamps
Craft-Dee BowZ
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Calendar
Cute N Crafty
Dare 2B Artzy
Jo's Scrap Shack
Path of Positivity
Stamping Sensations

     Happy Tuesday to all of you and thanks so much for stopping by.  If I haven't visited you in the last week or so, hang in there and be patient with me.  I'm getting there in between home school projects for my grandson, trips to the doctor for my daughter (torn tendon in her ankle & can't drive), grocery runs for everyone, plus celebrating my oldest granddaughter's birthday this week!  I can't remember when I've been so busy day after day after day.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Jo said...

Beautiful......a lovely, magical image x

Monica C. said...

Sweet card. I love the purple paper too! Hope life calms down for you again soon.
Hugs
Monica

Donna Ellis said...

Hmmm, I wonder who this is REALLY for? Purple mane, purple background, pink bow -- methinks it is a completely "Connie Loves Purple" creation! Beautifully done with those darling hearts in the background, too! hugs, de

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card, love the sentiment. Don't worry about visiting our blogs, family is more important. Take care.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my!! I love that sweet unicorn!! Your card is just perfect! Love the purple paper!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such adorable unicorn!!! Love the purple and that bow is adorable and unique!!!
Happy Birthday to your grandaughter!!

Joy Wilson said...

Fabulous card! This unicorn looks so majestic and peaceful! I love that lacey blow and your pretty coloring. Thanks for joining us and I hope you come back for next month's challenge. Good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy dt member
Joyfully Stamps
Craft-dee Bowz

*Vicki* said...

This is absolutely DARLING Connie! Love the image so much along with your purple colors and pretty pink bow! :) HUGS

Sally H said...

A cute card for our 'All thing Bright and BEAUtiful' theme at Stamping Sensations this month. Thanks for joining us and Good Luck!

Gale said...

Very pretty unicorn card. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Crafty Calendar Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Love, love, Love the unicorn card! Super cute! Thank you for joining the Dare 2B Artzy February Challenge! -Tasha ☺

Lilibet said...

Fab Unicorn card! Thank you for playing along with our challenge at All Dressed Up - Good Luck, Liz (:(|)x