Friday, February 1, 2019

No Fear of the Night

     It's time for our February challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!   As usual, our theme is "Anything Goes with a Critter" and, once again, Sparkle n Sprinkle is our fabulous sponsor.  They generously provided images for our team members to use and I hope you're going to visit the main 2 Crafty Critter Crazies blog to see all of the inspiration the team is offering.

       I used an incredible Owl set (Great Horned Owl) designed by our very own Donna E!  Isn't it gorgeous?


     I colored the owl with ProMarkers and then used SnS EP to heat emboss the white areas on the owl's feathers and on the tree branch.  I cut the image and the frame with scalloped dies from Sizzix.  The deep blue dp is from 7 Gypsies and the flowery paper is a scrap of origami paper.

     I printed and hand cut the sentiment (also part of the Great Horned Owl image set), inking the edges of it.  The CS behind the sentiment was a scrap left from die cutting the blue CS frame.  I simply lined up the scallop spaces and that helped to pop the sentiment off the background.  The card base is kraft CS.

     I added one, hand-sewn, bow with a pearl for embellishment and decided it was beautifully finished.  I know I'm going to be using this set a lot.  There are so many options available.  Go check it out.

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Sentiments Designs
I {heart} ProMarkers
Paper Shelter
Scrappy Land
Simon Says Stamp
Sparkle n Sprinkle
TTCRD
Tues. Throwdown

     Check back in another three hours or so when I'll have my post for QKR Stampede.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Monica C. said...

Beautiful card!

Linda Mc Enery said...

Wow!! Stunning image and I love the sentiment! A very sophisticated card with that beautiful paper too! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter!
Linda

Tip Top said...

Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining in at I ♥ Promarkers!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a beautiful make! Like how you embossed the white parts of the image. Thanks for joining us over at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Blog Challenge.

Lisa Bird said...

Wonderful card , I feel that the sentiment suits the owl image perfectly.
Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge
Best Wishes Lisa
craftycard-designs.co.uk

*Vicki* said...

You've done such an incredible job with this image Connie!! Really love the papers, colors and design! The owls remind me so much of my grandma as she collected so many! Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle my friend! HUGS

Cicci said...

Perfect owl!! Love this and its a wonderful card!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
HUGS Cicci
TTCRD DT
welcome to Visit and Follow my blog
Cicci With the Pen {My Blog}

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Connie! The owl image is lovely and the sentiment is just perfect.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Priya said...

Beautiful card
Thanks for joining us
DT The Paper Shelter

Jessica K said...

Beautiful card! I love how you used the digi - you did a great job! Thanks so much for joining us at SparkleNSprinkle Creative Challenge this month!

Hugs!
Jess - DT Coordinator
www.freshybjess.ca

Melanie Smith said...

I love how the owl almost looks majestic....like royalty or something. Thank you for participating in the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenges. DT Melanie