Saturday, February 23, 2019

Tulips for Easter

     Today I'm sharing my first Easter card of the year and I used a lovely tulip image from Beccy's Place. 


I used the colors in the palette from 


     I started by coloring with my ProMarkers, then cut the image with a die from Spellbinders.  The sentiment is also cut with another die from that same set.  The background dp was a left over on my desk and worked perfectly with the color combo. 

     I find that when I'm using 12 x 12 scrap booking paper, I tend to leave the scraps on my desk after I've cut into a new sheet.  Over the next few days of crafting, I'll grab and use up those scraps as they work with whatever I'm creating at the moment.  Often, the scraps themselves will inspire the next color combo.

     I added two of my signature, hand-tied, bows with pearls.  I used a ProMarker to 'dye' them the color I wanted, choosing the lilac color of two of the tulips.

     Challenges:
Cardz TV
Craft-D BowZ
Crafty Creations
Happy Craft
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Polkadoodles
Scrappy Land

     That's all I have for today but I'm headed to the crafting table so who know what else you might see the rest of this week.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the colour of the tulips Connie, such a pretty card.
Faith
x

Andrea W said...

Your purple tulips are lovely!

Ann-Marie said...

What a sweet and pretty card, beautifully coloured image and I love the colour scheme. What a great way of using up your paper by using it to inspire your next creation, never thought of doing that I tend to hoard mine and end up with a huge heap of paper cut offs laying around on my desk lol. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/ and hope you will join us again.

Take care,
Ann-Marie (DT)

Esther Asbury said...

What beautiful tulips! You've really put me in the mood for springtime with this lovely card! Thanks for linking up to the Inspiration Board Challenge over at The House That Stamps Built!

Maud's Creations said...

So so pretty , l love your background papers, with thoes beautifully coloured tulips, The card has a very real lot Springtime feel. Thanks for joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community

Liz said...

A very pretty card, lovely design and I love how you've coloured the flowers. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! Those tulips really pop from the gorgeous frame!! Adorable Easter card!

mudmaven said...

What a lovely card! I have quite a few images from Beccy, but not that one. Is there a place online I could go to find more of her images? I've searched the challenge blog but there's nothing before 2017 and I can't find a store that carries her images. I love her artwork and you have totally done it justice on your card. ~chris

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card. The tulips are gorgeous and such pretty colours. Thank you for playing along at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is beautiful and your sweet bows are the perfect touch. hugs, Teresa

lynda said...

I am entering my project into the Scrapy Land challenge but 1st looked over "the competition". I had to stop by to say how pretty your card is!

Heather said...

What a beautiful image!! And the frame you used for it is fabulous! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Donna Ellis said...

Gorgeously colored, Connie! I love your take on the inspiration photo, and the way you have used that die cut. For some reason, when I cut my die like that, it sorta tears up - looks fantastic here! hugs, de

Beccy said...

Absolutely gorgeous NC!! I love the colour scheme and the beautiful patterned paper in the background... thanks for the tip on using up the offcuts. You did a really good job with the colouring, I particularly like the white edges on the petals. The little bows are adorable and I like that you've coloured them yourself to match the other elements on your card. Fabulous job!
Cheers,
Beccy

Debbie Dolphin said...

Ooooooo I’m just loving your tulips and your colour combo. Great tip too .
Thankyou so much for joining in with our challenge at Polkadoodles and good luck
Big hugs
Debbie xx