Thursday, February 7, 2019

Kitten Love and Lady with Roses

     Today I have two more recycled, vintage Valentines to share.  Of course, the one with the kittens has to come first.  -D


     This time, I fussy cut the kittens and added them to a heart shaped doily with dimensional tape.  I found two scraps of red dp from a stack by Paper House, and used those to cover the front of a square card base.  The doily went on top of that and I added a red, epoxy flower with a heart in the middle.  The bow is one of my signature, hand-sewn bows with a pearl.

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Sentiments Designs
Cute N Crafty
Digi Choosday
Get Creative
Paper Shelter
Simon Says Stamp & Show
SUYP Cats
TTCRD
Unicorn 

     The second card has a fantastic image of a Victorian lady with roses.

                               
     I cut the image from the original card with a QuicKutz rectangle die.  The "frame" behind it was a negative left over from cutting out a frame with a die from Spellbinders.  I took that piece, cut it diagonally, and offset the pieces behind the image.  That piece was previously embossed but I don't remember which of my embossing folders was used.

     The deep, pink card front is dry embossed and I used a scrap of white lace threaded with a piece of pink, satin ribbon and layered those along the left side of the card front.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Creations
Cupcake Inspirations

Cuttlebug Mania
Dream Valley
Double Trouble (Flowers + Bouquet)
House that Stamps Built
Lemon Shortbread
Paper Girls
Outlawz SAR

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

25 comments:

karin said...

Two gorgeous cards!
Karin

Monica C. said...

Both cards are lovely, but I really love the sweet kitty one.
Hugs
Monica

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable vintage images and your designs make them pop!! Love both them and especially the first one, so sweet and cute!

Alyson Mayo said...

The image on the second card is beautiful - very Victorian. It is set very nicely with the lace behind it. Thanks for sharing with the Double Trouble challenge :)

Helen A. Howell said...

Both lovely, the kittens are very cute.

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my! These are gorgeous, I love the beautiful design and of course the kittens.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Awe!! Those kitties are soo soo CUtE!! Love both of these wonderful Valentine/love cards my friend!! Hope you are well! HUGS

sarascloset said...

I saw your kittie card in the gallery at SSS, and I just had to come tell you how much I love it! Reminds me of my cats when they were little.

Lori Kobular said...

Those kitties look adorable on that pretty heart doily! Love the Victorian Valentine!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Nana, have missed your projects lately. Hope everything is going well. Nice Victorian card and love how you used the negative embossed cut for a layer behind it...creative and looks great. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble, and come back and try one of Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge along with "Make It Flowers"

Esther Asbury said...

Two sweet Valentines! Love how you recycled your vintage cards into beautiful new creations! Thanks for playing along in our Designer's Choice Challenge over at The House That Stamps Built!

Ribbon Girl said...

What a sweet valentines card and thank you for joining in with the Polkadoodles Digichoosday Crafting Challenge, best of luck, Mary x

Julie Reed said...

Those kittens are super cute, great cards,thanks for sharing with us at DIGI CHOOSDAY this week.
Julie DT x

MariLynn said...

Beautiful Vintage Valentines. I especially love the little kitties. Thanks for sharing with Crafting with designs.

Heather said...

That kitty card is adorable!! And the other one is beautiful!! The fun "frame" works perfectly with the vintage image! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Emma Williams said...

Two beautiful cards and such lovely designs! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

MagsB said...

These are beautiful, romantic vintage cards, NanaConnie! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B x

Beatriz said...

Both card are lovely! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs! Beatriz DT

CraftyNatalie said...

Great makes.Thanks for joining us at The paper shelter this week.

Cicci said...

Wow I love them all!! The kittens is so sweet and you have made such a fantastic!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
HUGS Cicci
TTCRD DT
welcome to Visit and Follow my blog
Cicci With the Pen {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL Vintage card! Thanks so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspiration challenge :-)

papercraftingprincess said...

Two beautiful cards...I love the kitty valentine! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Wendy Bellino said...

Beautiful Val Day samples you have shared and I love your vintage design! I'm so glad you shared this with us at Cupcake Inspirations! Wendy DT

ike said...

Oh, the kitty card is just adorable =^..^=
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Jannie said...

OMG these kittens are so sweet, the card is purrrfect

Thank you so much for joining our Valentine challenge
Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie