Monday, February 14, 2022

Rose Bouquet

     HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ! 

     On my card today, I used a lovely image from Beccy's Place.  This is another of the cards I made for the vendor faire I did over the weekend.  Something different than any I had done before and I think I had expectations which were just too high for a 'pop up' event with little advertising or promotion.  Still, I met some lovely people and made some new contacts.  I even had one lady who not only bought a card for her granddaughter right then and there, but also commissioned another one for her daughter who is getting married next month!

     I really love this image.  It always reminds me that I live in one of the rose growing capitals of the world.  In my local area of California, we have roses blooming all the way from late February until nearly Thanksgiving in late November.  South of us, in the Los Angeles County area of Pasadena, they hold the rose parade every January 1.  How's that for a bit of local history?   :-D 

     I colored the image with ProMarkers and gel pens, then cut it with a Spellbinders die.   I used lace from my stash for the background.  The sentiment was printed and then cut with an Avery Elle die.  Pretty simple, really, but looking much fancier.


     Challenges:

      Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Patsy Long said...

Beautiful card. I love the lace background. Thanks for joining us in our Paper Shelter challenge. Good luck with your entry - Patsy DT

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely stunning design NC! I'm loving that bouquet especially with that lace covering the background! Such an elegant card! It's fun to meet some new people at those craft fairs and sometimes you never know just who you meet that might wind up a best customer! Glad you made some commission! Happy heart day friend!

Francesca said...

Very nice card! Thanks for playing at Digi Choosday!

Cards By MI said...

Such lovely card with stunning image and I love the fabby way you have used the lace. Thanks for joining my challenge over at PFM.
Love n hugs
Marie

Marlene Atkinson said...

A lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene DT

Janis Lewis said...

So cute! Thank you so much for sharing at Let’s Craft & Create.
Janis
Blog, Pause Dream Enjoy
Owner & Design Team, Crafting Happiness Challenges, Anything Goes
Design Team, Let’s Craft & Create
Design Team, Christmas Crafts All Year Round

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card, with the lace and gorgeous shaped topper with the roses. Love it Connie.
Faith x

Beccy said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful NanaConnie, you've done a fantastic job with the colouring. I particularly like the highlights you added. The die cut mat is gorgeous too, such a pretty design with lovely detailed edges. The lace is a perfect backdrop.
Cheers,
Beccy

Jackie C said...

Pretty, beautiful and perfect!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Mirtillamente, we love to see everybody’d entries. Good luck and do come back!
Jackie SGD

Maz said...

How beautiful. Love your lacey background :) Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Challenge - best of luck!
Maz DT
https://blackheartcrafts.blogspot.com/

Roberta Cercato said...

Thank you for taking part in the Mirtillamente Challenge.
Hope to see you again next month with another of your beautiful projects!
Good luck!
Roberta Mirtillamente Ambassador

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! I love lace!Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge February "ATG".
Ileanaxx

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Studios!