Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Always Coffee First !

      I'm told that the world didn't really exist before the discovery of coffee!  For sure, Winter wasn't much fun without coffee.  In our monthly challenge at Your Scrapbooking Place for February, the DT is having fun celebrating the various joys of coffee.  Our sponsor for February is Babycakesdnd by Sandra Caldwell and the image I used is one of hers, called "Old Lady Gal."

     I enlarged the image, used ProMarkers to color the image, then cut it with a Memory Box die.  I decided on a wintry blue color combo.  The dark blue CS used to mat the image was dry embossed with my Linen folder before adding the image and sentiment.  The sentiment was printed and cut with another Memory Box die from that same pinpoint set.  I hand-sewed one of my signature bows, this time with a pearl added, using satin ribbon.  The ribbon I used was white but I 'dyed' it an icy blue with a ProMarker.


     Challenges:
   
     Come play in our challenge this month, won't you?  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Super cute NC! I can totally relate to the feeling without coffee!! LOL!! Fabulous coloring!

Diane said...

Cute card and I am having MY coffee right now! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Darlene said...

Such a cute card Connie! I too am having my coffee right now! lol Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Jackie C said...

True story!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Mirtillamente, we love to see everybody’d entries. Good luck and do come back!
Jackie SGD

Donna Scholz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Scholz said...

Connie, you did an excellent job of making your lady look a bit on the edge before having her morning cup of coffee! Great job coloring the image to give it dimension, too!! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Double Trouble for our "Anything Goes" challenge!!! -Donna

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love your image and coloring, CAS and very pretty card. Thanks for sharing again with us at Double Trouble.

Stellalena said...

A very beautiful card.
Thank you for taking part in the Mirtillamente challenge!
Good luck and I hope to see you again.
Alena DT Mirtillamente

Kim said...

I'm not sure about the world and coffee, but in MY world, it doesn't exist without coffee! (And my husband has learned to try to engage me in conversation before I have had coffee :D) Thank you for joining us for the Polkadoodles Friday Crafting Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! Xoxo, Kim DT

Eivor Larsson said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at the Polkadoodles Friday Craft Challenge.
Good luck and hope to see you again.

/Eivor
DT Polkadoodles

Melanie R said...

I can relate! Your coloring perfectly captures mornings before coffee. This is a fabulous depiction and I love the card. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #102.

Kellianne said...

Love this funny card! Perfect to tell a friend it's time to go for a cup. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble! :)

Helen said...

How very true!!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge

Helen x

Carole J said...

Congratulations, Nana Connie, on your win at Crafts Galore Encore.
Thank you for supporting our monthly challenges!
Carole x