Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Wanna Be Your Valentine

      This is one more Valentine as I'm getting ready for a Valentine themed vendor event on Saturday.  I used an older image from Lemon Shortbread.  I colored it with my ProMarkers, and added tiny, die cut, red hearts to the stars to make it feel more like a Valentine.  The sentiment was printed at the same time as the image.  I cut the image piece with a pinpoint, rectangle die from Memory Box.

      The framing piece was cut from some Neenah Products dp using a Gina Marie die.  The tiny hearts I used on the stars were the bits which fell out of the die cut.  I’ve had the Neenah papers for at least 5 years!  Everything was put onto a deep burgundy card base.  

     I used one of my signature, hand-sewn bows which I make up by the dozens and toss into my stash for future use.  I have come to the point where I only make them from white satin ribbon and then I use markers to "dye" them the colors I want for a particular card.


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie 

8 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gosh! a name from the past, but what a wonderful image Connie, Love the frame and bow of course.
Faith x

Diane said...

Super cute card and image! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Darlene said...

Great design and beautiful coloring Connie!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Are you aware of the new color challenge called COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE and the February color is RED … I hope you’ll come share this beauty with us.

Gina's Cards said...

Beautiful card! Gorgeous colouring and design. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina x

Rose Andrew said...

Fabulous card .. great image
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
Good Luck
Rose DT

Donna Phelan said...

Fabulous coloring and design, great image too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Hearts Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Cards By MI said...

Lovely card with the image taking pride place of the card. Lovely! Thanks for playing along with my challenge over at Passion for Markers.
Love n hugs
Marie

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene