Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Grow Where You're Planted

      I've finally completed the monthly Progressive Challenge at the Outlawz, using the image provided for this month from Hetty Clare.  It's Called "Flower Pot Hat" and I think it's darling.  :-D  A perfect "I wish it was spring" image!

     I used a combination of my ProMarkers and some water coloring to color the image, then I cut it on an angle with a stitched die from Die-namics.  Once that was done, I decided on a gate fold card and went looking for papers that would enhance the design.  I found the plaid paper in my scrap basket, cut it to fit each of the two panels of the 'gate,' and mounted the image piece.

     The sentiment was printed and cut with a QuicKutz die.  I tied a double layer, bowtie bow, then added both it and the sentiment.


     Challenges:

      Have yourself a Happy Crafting kind of day.   NanaConnie

11 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful image for Spring and love that angled it on your Gate fold card, and great sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Creative Creases.

Makira said...

💜💜this! What a beautiful card! The sentiment couldn't be more perfect for the image. Thanks for playing along at Double Trouble Challenge. Cheers, Crazy Cousin Makira

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

I love this card it makes me think that maybe summer is just around the corner. Love Alison xxx

Melanie R said...

So pretty, Connie! What a great idea to angle the focal image. Thank you for joining the challenge fun at Double Trouble #104.

Donna Scholz said...

Connie, spring is my favorite season, and your beautiful card made my heart skip a beat! Love your beautiful coloring and contrast of using a plaid with your floral focal point for your gatefold card. Thank you for sharing a little bit of spring and your creativity with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

Debbie Mageed said...

What a pretty gatefold card! The flowers are wonderful and love that you adhered it on an angle. Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So Beautiful Connie, love the colours and design, QuicKutz die? must go looky for mine, I had forgotten I had them!
Faith x

SarahR said...

Hello there, that is such sweet image and coloured so prettily! Love your colour choices, and the layout is fab!

Thanks for joining in with us this time at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge and look forward to seeing you again.
Sarah
GDT - Colour Crazy Craft Challenge

Myriam said...

What a cute card. It's great how you can open it. The text fits perfectly with the image, thumbs up! Thanks for playing with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
I hope to see you next time.
Hugs, Myriam
DT Polkadoodles

*Vicki* said...

What a super sweet image! I've never tried the combo of watercolor and markers before! It looks stunning and so do all of the colors! Nice gatefold design!

Kellianne said...

Way to go meeting all three requirements with your cute card. I love a simple yet unique fold like that. Thanks for playing with us at Double Trouble :)