Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Potion Mistress

     One more Halloween card for the stash and this one is using an image from The East Wind.  I did it for their Facebook challenge "R U Kidding Me?" which is all about kids.  I love this darling little witch, though she's hardly scary.  Maybe that's why I love her.  :-D


     I'm working with my new poly pencils again and, while I've gotten better at shading and highlighting, I can't seem to get away from a pastel look with my coloring.  More practice needed, obviously.   Her hair looks bluish in the photo but IRL, it's gray-green and her face is a pasty, witch-y, yellow-green.  My camera lens has a mind of its own!

     The image is fussy cut and mounted onto a black pumpkin doily from Recollections.  I added that to an orange, die cut, doily (Cheery Lynn), then put everything onto a warm gray card base.  The only embellishment I added was the black, satin ribbon, bow.

     Challenges:
Cheery Lynn
Kraftin' Kimmie
Melonheadz Friends
MFP Stamps
Outlawz Twisted Thursday
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Sasayaki Glitter
Send a Smile 4 Kids
Simon Says Stamp

     I hope your week went well and that you are enjoying your weekend already.  I'm going to be lazy for a couple of days and then get back to my routine.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

20 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Darling image, Connie, and such fun colors! Wonderful pumpkin shaped card! Hugs, de

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, I love the sweet witch she is fabulous. Love the pumpkins doily. I am also having a relaxing weekend too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Katie Skiff said...

This is very pretty - your coloring looks amazing!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Cute card,love the witch (friendly)and the Cheery Lynn die cut is fabulous. Love the design too!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Hi NÇ, Sweet image. But I am in love with those dies. Love the black doli too. Fun and more fun for the halloween, Have a fabulous weekend,
Hugs

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Love the design. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just darling! I love your sweet witch! Fun seeing you using pencils- I enjoy dabbling as well- the colors are wonderful- love the doilies layered as well.

Donna Hanley said...

She is probably the least scary witch I've ever seen and yet the cutest one I've seen in ages. LOL Have a fun weekend.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

That time of year is so much fun with the images and colors. She may not be scary, but she looks very determined. Gosh, I am still in summer mode. I better get going.

Cumbrianlass said...

Fabulously cute witch and a great card NC.
Thank you for the wonderful comment you left on my blog. It is very encouraging when I have just started out on the Parchment road.
Hugs Janet xxx

Marilyn Webb said...

Such a super cute image and beautiful card! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
Marilyn DT

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Such a fun Orange card, NC!! Love that pumpkin die cut too! Thanks so much for playing along with us here at MFP Stamps Challenge!!
Hugs,
Pam

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sasayaki Glitter, good luck!!! Amy DT

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Thank you for sharing your fun Halloween card in the MelonHeadz Friends “Punches/Dies” Challenge!

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 292 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely delightful, love the those Halloween colours.
Faith
x

Debbie's Time Out said...

This is the cutest Halloween card. Love the two doilies together. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of Luck to you.

Ravengirl said...

Love your wonderful card! The Halloween doilies are awesome! I know what you mean about not getting away from pastel type coloring, it happens to me too!

Gayatri said...

LOVE the orange and black contrast doilies. Great colouring. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp It's Hip to be Square Challenge. Gayatri xx

Ginny @ Polly's Paper Studio said...

Such a sweet card and great addition to our challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.