Monday, August 8, 2016

Outlawz Progressive Challenge for August

     I've been pretty faithful about playing in the monthly progressive challenge at The Outlawz since it started nearly 2 years ago and this month we get to use an image called "August" by Andrea Norris at Sheepski Designs.  I have to tell you that every time I look at this image, it brings back memories of my Grammy's summer garden.  She loved Freesias, Fiddlenecks, and Bleeding Hearts.  Seeing any of those flowers always reminds me of early childhood and summer days spent in her garden.


     I wanted to do something CAS but with a fancy die cut frame so I'm not sure this really is a CAS design but it certainly isn't over-the-top with embellies and froo-froo.

     I colored the image with my ProMarkers and had to do a little finagling with the frame die.  It's by Cheery Lynn but it's a rectangular die and the image is square.  I cut the frame from white CS and then cut a piece out of each side to make it into a square.  I added the flowers at the point on each side where the top and bottom halves of the frame meet.

     I colored the frame with watercolors, trying for an ombre effect but I couldn't get the top part of the frame pale enough so I'm not sure it really worked.  IRL, it's still very lovely and there is a delightful mix of purple shades.

     The background is completely glittered and I also glittered the little punched butterfly on the right hand side.  I added the bow at the bottom because it needed something to draw the eye down and anchor it.

     Challenges:
Colour Crazy Craft
Crafting with Friends
Cut It Up
Fussy and Fancy
Outlawz CAS
Pile It On
Polkadoodles
Quick Quotes
Scrapper's Delights

    Whether it qualifies as CAS or not, I'm very happy with this card.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie 

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

18 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is a gorgeous card Connie, I love the beautiful frame and sweet image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Love it Connie,and the frame is sooo lovely. Fab job of colouring!
hugs
Glenda

jimlynn said...

I know it shimmers and shines with all the glitter. SO beautiful and I love the framework.
Lynn

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the image you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colouring and love the frame.
Faith
x

Dawn said...

She's a stunner NanaC! I love your fame & the colour of course!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

So wonderfully done! I love the frame you dded- and the purple- yep, your fav color!

Donna Ellis said...

She is colored so beautifully, Connie, right down to her amazingly golden lips! She must speak words of wisdom to have lips of gold! Hugs, de

Bev said...

such a pretty card. Good Luck in our Anything Goes challenge Polkadoodles

Theresa said...

lovely card. great use of die creating a square from a rectangle. thank you for sharing with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

This is stunning! And it sounds like you had fun both making the card and taking a stroll down memory lane.

Thanks for linking to Cut it Up for our Summertime Memories challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Tammi said...


Beautiful card love it. Thank you for joining us over at Polkadoodles Anything Goes Challenge. big hugs

Handmade by Veer said...

Wonderful card! Love the colours and the design!
Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights
Veronique DT

Eileen said...

I love the bold purple border which compliments the image so well.Thanks for joining in with our 'Walk in the garden' challenge at Fussy and Fancy this week, and good luck.
Eileen x

Keti's Projects said...

Beautiful card. I love bold frame in contrast with gentle image. Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On. Keti (DT)

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delight.
Yvonne DT

Connie Mercer said...

Beautiful card :) Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Lovely card - beautiful image and the flowers are perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Quick Quotes!