Friday, August 5, 2016

Emus and Snails

     New challenge today at QKR Stampede and our theme is "Things with Wings."  As I started looking through QKR images to see what I was going to use, I found a couple of fun emu images (Digi 1301), one of which had a snail in it (digi 1401) and I used just the snail by die cutting him from the overall image.

     I also wanted to use the "I Love Birds" sentiment (Digi 15523 Love Birds.)   The expression on the face of the snail was so adoring I just knew the sentiment had to be his.  That got me to thinking about emus and snails and I realized that emus would probably eat a snail, if they found one!   For the snail's sake, I hope he doesn't know that.  lol


I used colors from the challenge at CRAFT.


     I colored the images with ProMarkers, then cut the emu with a die from Spellbinders and cut just the snail with a die from QuicKutz.  The edges of the octagon are embossed and I inked the edges of both die cuts.  The sentiment is hand cut and also inked on the edges.

     I used two sheer ribbons, one white and one purple (yes, my favorite PURPLE but it turned navy blue in the photo!) to wrap the card front and then tie a large, double bow.

     Challenges:

Crafting by Designs
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Ribbon
DL.ART Thankful Thurs
Kitty Bee Aloha Friday
Kraftin' Kimmie
Outlawz Twisted Thursday
Word Art Weds.

     Find an image of something with wings (birds, insects, fairies, bats, angels...whatever) and come play along with us this week.  You can use any image from any company but if you choose to use an image by QKR Stampede, you will be entered into a separate drawing just for those who use QKR and that will increase your chance of winning significantly.  See you in the challenge.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

14 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

I love how the snail is trying to talk his way out of getting eaten. LOL Cute card, Connie. Hope you are cooling down out there. Enjoy the upcoming weekend.

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card Connie, love the images and that poor snail looks a bit worried. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! This is a non-snail eating emu, didn't you know that, Connie? LOL Darling card, and so sweetly colored! I like the distressing around the die cut as well - very pretty design! hugs, de

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a FUN FUN FUN card, LOVE the Emu and the snail, another GREAT card Connie.
Faith
x

jimlynn said...

Too fun and cute! Love the emu and your card design. The snail looks like he wondering what's going on. Precious.
Lynn

Lori Kobular said...

Oh the emu is so cute! Love that little snail too! Your card is just adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge!

Carol S. said...

A great fun card and love the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons challenge. Carol S. DT

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is too cute. I'm sorry, but I can imagine the emu saying, "Aww, I love snails too. Gulp!"

Jean said...

Great card, such a cute image love the Emu and the Snail.
Thanks for joining us over at Craft and taking part in our Colour Combo Challenge. Hope to see you again.
Jean DT xx

katieo said...

I love the way you positioned the snail. Your coloring is amazing. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday August Linky Challenge.

Glenda Atkins said...

I am crazy about the image (s) and again your colouring is wonderful. Lovely bow too!
hugs
Glenda

Unknown said...

Fabulous card design and love the gorgeous bow! Thanks so much for sharing at Crafty Ribbons!
Lucy x

Mari said...

Great card with a fun image! Thanks for playing with us at The Crafty Addicts :) xx Mari