Thursday, August 18, 2016

Thankful Thoughts - Next MHK Design Release

     Day Three in the August release from MHK Designs and Mynn has given us a fantastic set perfect for Thanksgiving or any other "thank"ful occasion, including sentiments for simple Thank You cards.  We all know we're going to need those over the holidays.  :-D  You can see a photo of the complete set at the bottom of this post.  Here's my card using an image and a sentiment from the "Thankful Thoughts" set.


     I colored the cornucopia with a combination of ProMarkers and Copics, then die cut it with an oval die from QuicKutz.  I used oval dies from that same set to cut the mat, the sentiment and the mats for it.  I found a die that's been in  my collection for a while but which I'd never used and decided this was the perfect card design for it.  The leaf die is made by Die-namics.  I used it to cut two different colors of CS and then offset them.

     Both the ribbon and the dp are scraps from my stash.

     Challenges:
Colour Your World
Crafting From the Heart
Craft Your Passion
Creative Fingers
Die Cuttin' Divas
Glitter n Sparkle
Kraftin' Kimmie
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Polkadoodles
Scrapper's Delights

     I haven't used the turkey image yet, but I already have plans for it bouncing around in my head.  At the moment, I think it would make a fabulous sepia tone, vintage card for Thanksgiving.  Don't you agree?  Maybe I'll do that card for one of my Designer Inspiration posts on the main MHK Designs blog.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

  Thankful Thoughts

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

24 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Fall cards are my second favorite, next to summer. A very calming card to enjoy this morning. I want so many of the MFT die cuts but shipping bothers me unless I buy $75 worth...wow! How do you do it?

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Connie, I love the design and wonderful colours. I love fall/autumn for the beautiful colours nature shares with us.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Connie, great image and colouring. Love the wood effect and great dies. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you back with us soon. Jennifer DT member x

Unknown said...

What a great image and love that paper. Thank you for joining us at the Polkadoodles Crafting Anything Goes Challenge Week 32 Helen DT

Glittered Paws said...

This is beautiful - love all the dies you used.

The Craft Princess said...

Oh my...I really love Love LOVE your card!!! I love EVERYTHING about it!!! Perfect color combo for Fall :) Hugs...Janie

Patti J said...

Beautiful card! You've showcased Mynns release so nicely!

Dawn said...

Lovely rich autumn colours on thi gorgeous card!
Great design too!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty and I love the purple. Such a pretty colored card.

Becca Yahrling said...

Oops, that comment was for the Aug 19th post - sorry!
Love your "So very grateful" card and it's pretty design.

*Vicki* said...

So beautiful done here my friend! I love your wood-grain fence background along with your Fall colors!! So pretty! HUGS :)

Katy said...

Awesome Fall card! Your coloring is beautiful! :)

Cicci said...

A wonderful fall card ! Love The colours and The design is so great !!Thank you so much for play Along in our challenge at Scrappers Delight this time. I hope you join again next challenge.
HUGS :0) Cicci, DT Scrappers Delights
Cicci Vid Pennan {My Blog}

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas this week!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE this card, NC! The layered dies are amazing and really help to make this beautifully colored image POP off the card! Gorgeous! Thank you for all you do at MHKDesigns! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

CraftYourPassion said...

Super Autumn/Fall card.The offset dies cuts are so effective.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!!! Love the pretty colors and the pretty image!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

CA Scrapper said...

That's a really pretty fall card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

Carrie said...

Beautiful fall card, NanaConnie! That leaf die is so perfect here!

Shelly said...

What a pretty card the colors have me wanting Fall to arrive.

Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas.
Shelly

Esther said...

Beautiful Thank You card. Fall will be here before you know it!
Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

M DelValle said...

Very nice card. Thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights. Maria

Anjie said...

Fab make. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
Anjie (DT)

Crafting Belle said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge' at Polkadoodles. Hugs Lisa xxx