Thursday, August 4, 2016

Christmas Elves

     These darling elves (they may have been fairies but they're elves now!) are from Emerald Faeries and I used them for a Christmas card.  I love the idea that they are playing with winter Cardinals while they wait for Santa to show up with the list of tasks for the day.



     The elves are colored with my newest neon markers from ProMarkers (I think  I'm going to love those!) and I did my best to make the colors match the dp I planned to use.  I know the colors are more of a "summer bright" than a "Christmas red" but I love the way it looks.

     The scalloped border cuts were done with a die from Cheery Lynn, and the trees are also from a Cheery Lynn die.  Both the white ribbon and the red ribbon for the bow were in my stash.  The Cardinals are die cuts and I think they are from Memory Box but could be Die-namics.  I loaned the die to a friend so can't check it right now.

     I added sparkle to the wings of the elves and to the white ribbon but it just doesn't show up well in the photo.

     Challenges:
A&T Emerald Faeries
Allsorts
Cheery Lynn
Christmas at Sweet Stampin'
Christmas Cards All Year Round
Crafting by Designs
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Crimbo Crackers
Fab 'n' Funky
I {heart} ProMarkers
MFP Stamps
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Sweet Stampin'


     My Christmas stash is growing and I feel so relieved.  By mid-June, I was thinking seriously that I'd never get enough cards done this year.  Now the anxiety is over.  Not that I don't have lots more to do, but I always get really motivated during the fall months so I'm sure it'll be OK.  1 or 2 each week should suffice.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

27 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I REALLY LOVE the colours you have used, it's a fabulous card. Great fun image and love the diagonal shape you have used with the borders.
Faith
x

Jackie T said...

What a wonderful Christmas card those elves are so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

What an adorable Christmas card. I love love love the colors and layout! Always happy to see you at MFP Stamps Challenge!
Hugs,
Pam
MFPSC DT

Chris said...

A really bright and beautiful Christmas card, lovely design and such a joyful image! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Chris said...

Thanks for joining us at CaSS too!
x

Linda Simpson said...

Oh goodness Connie, just adore these mischievous elves, A beautiful Christmas card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

TEEHEE!! This really makes me smile!! LOVE that darling image and your added accents with the birds and trees! So fun and happy for Christmas!! Good for you on building your stash of Christmas!! Really need to do the same my friend! Sorry for not being around much, just been busy, but I sure have enjoyed catching up with you and your beautiful creations! HUGS :)

Mervi said...

Cute and lovely card.
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts
"a touch of sparkle" challenge;-))m

Vickie Y said...

Very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

Kathleen said...

Love those neon markers and a great fun image.
Thank you for joining our Sparkle challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Carole J said...

Such a fun Christmas card. The elves are really cute and I love the bright colours you chose. x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering more of your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 292 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too x

Stampsnob. said...

Such a cute image the color is gorgeous TFS MFP SC Lis

jimlynn said...

Looks like the elves that were falling off the shelf! DARLING CARD! Love it! So delightful and fun!
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Elves Fairies, doesn't make a difference, they are darling whatever they are. Love the scalloped edges and your pretty trees. So glad you did so well on your Holiday stash. I've got to play catch up now.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Darling card. Great design. I love those little guys hanging. hugs, Teresa

Sammy said...

Love that image! and of course they're elves! :-)
Thank you for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Donna Ellis said...

Love love LOVE these mischievous elves, Connie! It's a darling card, and I like all the other embellies to bring out the Christmas Spirit! hugs, de

CraftyLyn said...

Great fun card,love the elves,thanks for sharing your card with us at I Love Promarkers,Lyn D T.

Marie Bingaman said...

They are super adorable, playing around like they are! Looks to me like everything matches perfectly! Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR! :)

~Marie B -DT

Lori said...

Such a fun - cute card! Love the brighter colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CCAYR!

Pamela said...

Such a cute card, thank you for joining us at CCAYR.

Pam x

Glenda Atkins said...

Too cute, what a lovely happy card for Christmas.
Hugs
Glenda

Gail said...

Fabulous card. I love the image and I love the bright red and green!Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' for our ANYTHING GOES WITH WINTER challenge. Hugs, Gail

Debbie's Time Out said...

Very cute card. Makes me smile. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Fab'n'Funky Challenge this week and good luck.

Bonnie Garby said...

What a fun holiday card! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.