Thursday, August 18, 2016

Designing for Morgan's Art World !

     Woohoo!  If you had told me that I was going to pick up another DT position, I would have laughed but then I got an invitation from Morgan's ArtWorld and I just couldn't turn it down since I love her artwork so much!   I'm honored to be asked and this is my first project as a DT member.

     It's for the August 19 challenge which runs for two weeks and our theme is "Anything But a Card."  I do mostly cards so sometimes it's difficult for me to switch gears and think in terms of something else but not this time.  I had just picked up a new 16 month calendar/planner for the rest of 2016 and all of 2017.  It was very plain and just cried out to have something beautiful decorating it.  What do you think?


The image is "Kitty in Garden" and
you know how perfect that is for me.  :-D

     I colored with ProMarkers, trimmed the image to fit the front of the planner book, and was very pleased with the fact that I'll get to look at that from now until the end of 2017.

     Because I didn't want it to get worn or dirty being slipped in and out of my purse or briefcase, after I photographed it I laminated it.  I also tied some ribbons to the top of  the spiral binding after I took this photo so there's some texture and I can use them to mark a particular page.  It's perfect now!

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
Crafty Boots
Creative Moments
Delicious Doodles
Outlawz PAM
Sisterhood of Crafters
SUYP Cats
Through the Craft Room Door
Tuesday Throwdown
Unicorn

     While this is getting posted late on a Thursday evening because I live in the Pacific Time Zone, the challenge starts officially at midnight, August 18/19, Eastern Time Zone and will run for a fortnight.  We'd love to see you playing along - just enter Anything But a Card.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

10 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

Beautiful transformation. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Diane said...

Pretty planner and what a pretty kitty as well! Thank you for joining our 'nature' challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT

Darlene said...

WhooHoo! Congrats on the new DT spot Connie! What a great job you've done with her 'cute kitty' image (right up your alley! lol) Awesome looking planner! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CLOSE TO NATURE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

*Vicki* said...

Wow wow wow Connie!! This is absolutely stunning!! Your coloring looks gorgeous and I love that you've done a planner with it! Such a great idea!! Congrats and so well deserved on your new DT spot!! BIGGEST HUGS

~ginny said...

I really like your idea of laminating the artwork for your cover - that is what has stopped me from doing a project like this. I like all the shades of green in your garden and the contrast of the brick wall. Nicely done Connie! Thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C: [ATG/ NO Twist: ]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Dee's Craft Room said...

Great job and gorgeous colouring, your transformed notebook looks amazing. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boot Challenges.

Dionne

ike said...

Super cool image and it's made a delightful front page. Brilliant idea. :-D
Congrats on your new DT position - I am sure you will enjoy yourself.
Thank you for purring along to SUYP Cats Challenges.

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Stampsnob. said...



Wonder piece of art Love this note book TFS Unicorn Ch Lis DT

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful Nana Connie fabulous colouring and lovely to have you join our team over on Morgans Art World
Dianne xx :)

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Great project thank you for joining us at Delicious Doodles Challenge Sue DT x