Friday, August 19, 2016

Day Four MHK Designs Release - Halloween Party

     Another fabulous release from MHK Designs this month and now we have a delightful Halloween set, called "Halloween Party."  A photo of the complete set is at the bottom of this post.  Here's my card showcasing the image and one of the sentiments.  I think this one will be perfect for party invitations.


I used colors from the challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments
but also added orange for the traditional
 Halloween Jack-O-Lantern.



     I colored the image with my ProMarkers and cut it with a rectangle die from Spellbinders.  I added a rectangle mat and then cut and double matted the sentiment, also using rectangle dies but this time from QuicKutz.

     I thought a Halloween card was a perfect opportunity to use up some of my favorite-color-purple scraps of CS and dp.  I love purple so much, I find it very difficult to throw out any scrap of paper that has purple on it so I'm always thrilled when I can find a use for some of those scraps.

     The polka dot ribbon is also a scrap from my stash.  I tied a black bow and added the fabric pumpkin for my embellishments.

     Challenges:
Art Impressions
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Gals Corner (middle row)
Cute Card Thursday
Digi Choosday
Fab 'n' Funky
Julia Spiri
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Pixie's Crafty Workshop
Scrapper's Delights
Southern Girls
Tuesday Throwdown

     I hope you're enjoying the new releases and seeing what each DT member has done with the sets as we showcase a different set each day.  If you've missed the first three sets, just scroll down or go visit the MHK Designs blog.  We still have one more really lovely set to show you tomorrow and then, on Sunday, our new challenge begins.  You don't want to miss the inspiration photo for that one!   You still have another day to play in the July/Aug challenge.  Check that one out, too.  Hope to see you again on both of those days.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Halloween Party

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

22 comments:

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty and I love the purple (ok, I'm biased since purple is my favorite color). Such a beautifully colored card.

Donna Ellis said...

Beautifully done, Connie! The bright colors on your vintage creation make it so unique. And of course, your trademark purple touches bring out the "spooky" for Halloween! Colorful, fun, and SO PRETTY! hugs, de

Di said...

A perfect Halloween card - what a lovely vintage image too! Great to see you in the Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh my this is so so adorable NC!! I love the purple color for your background base design!! Fabulous and fun!! HUGS :)

Linda Simpson said...

This is adorable Connie, I love the sweet image and gorgeous colouring. Beautiful background too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so cute and the coloring is fabulous.

The Craft Princess said...

What a sweet image....and I love the color combo of purple and orange :) Hugs...Janie

Donna Hanley said...

Real cute card, Connie. I can't wait for the fall and Halloween games. it has been very hot hear but I'm not complaining with the weather you've had out there and the fires. I think you should come East. LOL

Katy said...

This is super cute! :)

GalFridayStamping said...

Very sweet card. Love the image. Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrapper's Delights Challenge blog. http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.com/2016/08/challenge-58-challenge-57-winners.html Jane P. DT. ❤️

Lori Turner said...

Super cute card, NanaConnie! Thanks so much for joining us at Digi Choosday this week xoxoxo

Mynn xx said...

I totally LOVE this fun card, NC! The purple background and papers are FABULOUS for Halloween, and you have colored this image so beautifully! Perfect card, friend! Thank you for all you do at MHKDesigns! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice and love the purples background - what a great job.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love how you have got your purple into this SUPER card with a great image.
Faith
x

Wanda said...

Love this fun card. The colors are fantastic! Thanks for playing our bingo challenge this week at Crafty Gals Corner.

Carrie said...

What a fun Halloween card! I love the purple background, too! And that little pumkin embellishment is so cute!

Renee Matarese said...

This is super cute! I love the vintage image. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week. ~Renee

inkedx2 said...

Great vintage image! Thanks for playing with us at HSS for this challenge.

Robbie

*Vicki* said...

I am back with my DT hat to say THANK YOU so much for playing along with us at CCT my friend!! :) HUGS

Unknown said...

Such a sweet scene and lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights. Helen DT

Unknown said...

Love the vintage style image... Fab card, love the depth of color and layout. Thank you for joining us over at the Scrapper's Delights Challenge Blog.

DT MsWipz

Jackie C said...

Beautiful project! Thank you for entering at Julia Spiri, Jackie DT Member